How do I get picture in picture positioned all the way to left in 16:9 format

mjmurphy61 wrote on 9/16/2010, 12:21 PM

I am working in 16:9 and can't seem to get the picture in picture effect to position my graphic all the way to the left of the screen. It seems Magix is going all the way to the left if I were not in wide mode. Is there a way around this or a setting of some kind I can adjust?

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 9/16/2010, 4:26 PM

Strange, no problem here in VPX2.5. I'm using 'Effects' >> 'Video effects' >> 'Size/Position' and dragging the highlighted (dotted line) image wherever I want, or type in a value in the 'Left' box -- '0' for the complete image to be just touching the left edge or minus the width to be just completely off screen.  (Which did you mean by 'all the way...'?) No difference between 4:3 or 16:9 movie setting.

I think some objects obey a 'TV safe' area; perhaps this is what you are seeing?

Regards,

Carl

mjmurphy61 wrote on 11/10/2010, 9:51 AM

Thanks - yes, i have concluded that text objects use the safe area. I am  just working around it by designing my screens differently. Thanks!

Strange, no problem here in VPX2.5. I'm using 'Effects' >> 'Video effects' >> 'Size/Position' and dragging the highlighted (dotted line) image wherever I want, or type in a value in the 'Left' box -- '0' for the complete image to be just touching the left edge or minus the width to be just completely off screen.  (Which did you mean by 'all the way...'?) No difference between 4:3 or 16:9 movie setting.

I think some objects obey a 'TV safe' area; perhaps this is what you are seeing?

Regards,

Carl