How do I get help purchasing the REQUIRED MPEG-4 Codec activation code? I have been trying for days to purchase and keep getting error messages. There is absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT!

heyitsme wrote on 1/3/2013, 8:52 PM

I have been trying for days to purchase the required MPEG-4 Codec Activation code so I can add my video clips from my camera to my projects.  I am using PhotoStory 9 Deluxe and I have Windows 7.  The first error message I get is to use a different Visa card.  The Visa card I have is an active, valid account.  Second, I get a message the Computer ID# I have is invalid.  I am using the number that was provided to me by Magix.

I have sent several e-mails to tech support and have not recieved any response.  I have tired to phone the customer service number listed on the website and it just rings, there is no answer and I am calling during the times listed.

I sent an e-mail to tech support again today and got a response that my service time has expired and therefore I would have to pay for help.  This is getting to be ridiculous.  This is the WORST customer service I have ever seen in my life.  I terribly regret purchasing this product.  I am a very dissatisfied customer and give Magix an F for failing to provide help.  I have seen numerous complaints from others reporting they have not been able to contact customer service.  Interestingly, Magix will answer you call if you want to contact SALES to purchase a new product.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 1/4/2013, 4:45 AM

Hi there,

First of all, sorry to hear you are having a problem with the MPEG-4 codec upgrade. If you currently have to wait a little longer for a reply, it's because our customer service is backlogged a bit from the holiday season. Please also check again how you've been trying to get in touch. This is more of a sales than a tech support issue. In this case, it doesn't matter that your free tech support phase for the product has expired. Just use the sales enquiry option on the contact form on the support website. This will enable you to raise a ticket without any restrictions. You will know that you have successfully raised a ticket when you receive an automatic reply with the ticket number in the subject line from the MAGIX support system. You can also review your current tickets on our support website.

I checked in the support system and could confirm that you have now successfully raised several tickets. However, the oldest was only about 19 hours ago. So, whatever you did before that to get in touch was not through our support system. With a successfully raised ticket, I can assure you to you will get a timely response from the customer service staff (keeping in mind the current small backlog, though). I can also see that one of your tickets now already received a response from our staff just a little earlier today. If you didn't receive it, please check your spam filter. If further action is required, please respond back to the ticket and work with our staff to sort out the problem. If the problem is with your Visa credit card not being accepted by the MAGIX payment system, it's most likely not enabled for international transactions. Keep in mind that the MAGIX payment server is in Germany. You might need to check with your credit card company and have them take the necessary steps to allow for international transaction.

I hope this information helps. Sorry again for the hassle and good luck!