How do I deactivate Acid on non-working computer?

Vector-PC-Sleder wrote on 12/2/2019, 12:15 PM

I just spend two days... via my agonizingly slow internet speeds... downloading Acid Pro 9 and all the associated instruments. I've not even had the chance to set it up and use it yet and WHAM! This morning I got the "blue screen of death" and my PC will not boot up. Luckily I bought it second hand just for DAW recording so no important personal information on it, but since it won't boot up I cant deactivate via the ACID software so I'm able to download and install everything all over again on my new computer, which I have yet to purchase, but will be in the coming days. So what steps do I need to take?

Thanks,

Danny

Comments

Djronrella wrote on 12/3/2019, 4:58 AM

I believe your Magix account should have all your purchases. You should have your Acid 9 download links in there!? When I purchased a few years back a new PC I had all my purchases in My Magix Account including my old Sony Daws that had been transferred from Sony to Magix!

Vector-PC-Sleder wrote on 12/3/2019, 8:38 AM

Unless I'm missing something there are no options in my account other than:

Change email address 

Change password

Delete account

In the small print buried on this site it says you must deactivate your software, through said software. As stated I cannot access the software.

Thanks for responding.

johnebaker wrote on 12/3/2019, 10:02 AM

@Vector-PC-Sleder

Hi

At a guess you are looking at your account details for the forum.

@Djronrella is referring to your account at magix.com login there and you will be taken to this page:

HTH

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Vector-PC-Sleder wrote on 12/3/2019, 10:11 AM

Confucius say: "may life bestow upon you many blessings and treasures".