How do I copy effects from one audio track to another track

gmannhtown wrote on 11/12/2016, 7:30 PM

Hi there:

I have recorded voice audio to  a track and modified various effects within both the track and the object. I now want to copy that track with all of the track and object effects replicated to another track just below it so I can make slight variations to the effects. 

How can the copying of the audio object and all effects for the object AND all the effects for the track be copied to another track?

I am using Magix Music Maker 2016 Premium in Windows 10 on a PC.

Thanks.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2016, 1:02 PM

Hi Gary,

I can"t find any way to copy/paste effects directly between objects or tracks. One can, however, save the effects, both object and track, and then load them on a second object/track.

In the image below, I put an effect on track 1 and saved it. Open Fx on track 2 and the effect that I had just saved was on the list. Applied it to track 2. It worked.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/13/2016, 1:02 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gmannhtown wrote on 8/16/2017, 8:26 PM

Hi There. Thanks for this. My apologies for not getting back sooner. I saved the track effects as indicated and placed it into the effects location in the "Vocal" folder. Now it is one of the options for effects tracks under "Vocals" section of FX submenu. Now I can select anytime I desire keeping my vocal sound consistent across tracks and other arrangements as desired. Thank you.

@browj2

Juve-Plu wrote on 1/6/2023, 12:32 AM

And I have Samplitude Pro X5-7 and there I don't see such an option to save the settings for the effect in a folder. Should I ask here or create a new topic for Samplitude Pro X5 - 7 ?

SP. wrote on 1/6/2023, 12:48 AM

@Juve-Plu Click on the drop down FX-button in the Track Editor or Object Editor.

Juve-Plu wrote on 1/6/2023, 10:08 AM

Hello SP. , in fact in the Track Editor no drop-down menu opens and there is no save option - picture 1

Juve-Plu wrote on 1/6/2023, 10:10 AM

But I found that by right-clicking in the middle of the track on the Audio clip, in the right-click options there is - "Save Track Effect Settings". There it is given a name and the EQ setting is saved

On another Track, from there with the right button and click on - "Load Track Effect Settings" and from the folder where they are saved, load this name of the Setting. READY .

EQ has loaded the saved settings. Yes, Yes, Yes :)

Juve-Plu wrote on 1/6/2023, 10:40 AM

Just one more clarification:

--- If you have more FX on a Track loaded it will remember them all together and when you go to another Track and load this FX Preset, the Track will be loaded with all the FX that were on the save.

--- Or you have to load one FX and save only that one. One after the other, individually each.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love you MAGIX and everyone behind you who have spent many sleepless nights for this

SP. wrote on 1/6/2023, 11:01 AM

@Juve-Plu Great that you got it working. This will save you a lot of time setting up your tracks.