How do I add video to my slideshow? I have video clips from my camera I would like to add to a slideshow. Whenever I try to drag it to the slideshow I get a message telling me I have to activate a Codec. Not sure what this is, need help.

heyitsme wrote on 12/30/2012, 10:56 AM

How do I add video clips to my PhotoStory slideshow?  I have video clips that I took on my camera that I would like to add to a slideshow.  When I try to drag the video clips to the slideshow I get a message telling me I have to activate a Codec.  Not sure what this is.  There is a charge, not sure why and is the charge is per video clip?  Can someone help me to understand this?

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 12/30/2012, 3:13 PM

heyitsme,

A 'codec' is a computer program that extracts the video information for each frame from the usually highly compressed format that is recorded in your camera. When installed / activated it become part of your Magix program. The charge is generally to pay a license fee to the company that developed the codec. I've not got PhotoStory, but for some other Magix video editors that charge for say a mpeg codec was IIRC only about $10 and is a once off payment. The ad for a special offer of the latest PhotoStory 2013 Deluxe states it includes a free MPEG-4 activation.

http://www.magix.com/us/photostory-on-cd-dvd/deluxe/

Regards,

Carl

Note: There are also hardware versions as part of usually quite expensive video capture cards.