Comments

ralftaro wrote on 2/28/2008, 3:10 AM
First, make sure that you got a program/version that does support AVCHD. The MPEG-4 codec needs to be activated for this to work, too. Then, locate the AVCHD files in the built-in file browser and drag & drop them into the program. (Depending on your program/version you might have to rename the file extension from MTS to M2TS first.) If you are given the option, I very much recommend performing the conversion to MPEG-2 material (or manually converting to MPEG-2) for the editing process.

I hope this helps.
GeckoGirlVideo wrote on 7/16/2008, 2:45 PM
I tried what "Ralftaro" suggested pm 2/28/08 and still cannot get it to work. any suggestions?  I keep getting the message "the file format of c/.../*.m2ts cannot be opened by MagixMovie Edit Pro 14. 
Please make sure that the drive is not full or write protected.
If you do not have authorization to write or read from this path, please contact the administrator."

I am the administrator and have opened files from this path for many other video projects other than AVCHD.  I don't know what is wrong.
TYDyDad wrote on 2/7/2009, 5:27 AM
I have Movie Pro Edit Pro 14 Plus and a Canon HG10.

I can not edit the .MTS files in a project due to video preview performance.  If I convert my files to MPEG 2 do I lose any reolution ?  (i.e. am I downgrading my video so it can work in MAGIX?

I have to say after fumbling for two hours to active 'stuff' to get rid of GeckoGirlVideo's message, I am not pleased with the AVCHD performance out of the box.

My newegg comments will be dependent upon having any kind of ability to work with AVCHD files.  AS it stands now, even with the program set at Low resolution for video preview - I can't see the preview because it is so choppy.

I have two 512 MB brand new video cards in an SLI arrangement and an AMD Athlon 5200 running at 2.6 MHZ
singadream wrote on 4/6/2010, 3:46 PM
I've got a similar problem. Just bought a Sony DSC W 380 and was able to import the mp4 (AVCHD) files into Magix Video Delux 2008 (with mp4 codec activated). However, there is no audio.

I'll also put this as a new question, so more people will see it. Would appreciate helpful suggestions.
GPM123 wrote on 7/7/2010, 7:35 AM
Hallo to everybody,
I never used the english versione of magix video, I'm italian so I always used the italian versions.

For what concerns the italian versions there is no hope to get the AVCHD files in the timeline if you are using a standard version(even if you upgrade the mpeg4).

In italy we have now Videodeluxe 16 (standard plus and premium);
to import AVCHD you need a plus or premium version with activated mpeg4 and you also need  the presence of the codec H.264(wich is not included in the software) on the system.

Usually You can get his codec just by installing the Quicktimeplayer free on your pc.

For the guy using videodeluxe 2008 i fear there is no hope at all.
At list in the italian version (standard or Plus) of the 2008 version  AVCHD import was just not possible even if you had the  m peg4 activated and the quicktimeplayer installed.
Since the version are always slightly different from country to country I might be wrong on this last one, still....

I would not suggest to convert the files to mpeg2 since you will cut away all "the HD" caractheristic from your video; mpeg2 resolution will be 720*576/ 25 fps;

instead i suggest to import the videos with their original resolution and only then convert them but not into mpeg2, i suggest to use MAgix video format, with this format you can keep your video on HDquality without having any performance problems.

Once you 've created this mxv files, just start a new project,  in which you will import the mxv file instead of the original file.
This way you can work on heavy HD videofiles also with a 1 core processor and 2GB of ram.

Since I've noticed that my english is getting worse and worser feel free to contact me over pm for more details or questions

Greeetings

GPM123
oudinmelanie09 wrote on 8/23/2010, 3:32 AM

Hi,guys

I also have a sony HD camcorder with the ouput video file of AVCHD. From my experience, Magix can not support AVCHD expect the latest version 16 which costs more than $50. I just would like to edit AVCHD video files and it is a little expensive for me. So i googled and dicovered a quite convenient AVCHD video converter which is professional in converting AVCHD/MTS to other common video formats for editing and playing. Now with it, i can edit my camcorder video files onto iMovie and FCP or Magix.

Now i share this softewware called Aunoft MTS Converter for Mac with you.

Hope it will help you.

Oudinmel