Help with New Version 18.1.3.32

Mark-Schultz wrote on 3/26/2019, 8:05 AM

I'm hoping someone can help. I just successfully downloaded the Photostory Deluxe's new software version 18.1.3.32. When I reloaded the slideshow I have been working on in the new software version, numerous messages like the following came up: "The file that belongs to the slideshow could not be found. If the file is on a removable device, please insert it now and select Repeat. If the file was moved, select Folder and enter the location." The missing files which I incorporated into the slideshow in the previous version were in the GIF format. I did NOT move the files from my Hard Drive or its previous location, but I did go ahead and download these GIFS to a removable device. I was STILL unable to load the GIFS files into the media window of the slideshow. I can no longer get any GIF files into the media pool of the slideshow. Can someone please tell me how to remedy this issue? If the new software version no longer supports GIF files, can you please tell me how I can go back to the previous version software? I can't reload the program from the original disk because I have purchased many add-ons which will be lost. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Terry

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/26/2019, 10:21 AM

@Mark-Schultz

I think there is a problem with using .GIFs in this latest version of PS Deluxe!

I've never needed to use such files in a PS presentation but after reading your post I did a little experiment: I was still running the previous version so started a project, imported a .GIF file without problem and it played successfully. I then updated to 18.1.3.32 and the same file was not even seen by PS, so no import possible!

Checking the installed Help files shows the GIF format as being, officially, recognised by and usable in PS, but this is clearly not the case!

I think this is a bug and you should report it as such, by using the Contact button on the footer of any forum page, making reference in your support request to this forum thread if you wish.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/26/2019, 10:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mark-Schultz wrote on 3/26/2019, 10:45 AM

Thanks so much for your response. It is extremely frustrating to have invested the time importing and resizing all the GIFs for the slideshow, but is somewhat consoling to know that it isn't something I'm doing incorrectly on my part. I will definitely follow through with Magix on this issue. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

johnebaker wrote on 3/26/2019, 12:43 PM

@Mark-Schultz, @emmrecs

Hi

I get the same results as Jeff - v 18.1.2.48 GIFs imported fine and were seen in the Media pool, after updating to v 18.1.3.32 , GIF import is broken, and GIFs are not seen in the Media pool.

Dragging a GIF from Windows Explorer gives the following error message:

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 4/7/2019, 6:46 AM

@Mark-Schultz @johnebaker

Just to update and close this thread:

Version 18.1.3.36 is now released and .gif import and use is once more possible.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam