Hearing sound where there is none (no sample)

MD777 wrote on 7/12/2024, 5:54 AM

There is a sound in the marked place that is actually superimposed on the track earlier. How to remove a sound that should not be in a specific place and what is the reason for this fatal error?

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/12/2024, 6:36 AM

@MD777 Upload screenshots with the arrow icon above the response text box. Don't use external links.

I suggest you move all objects to an empty track and delete the track with the invisible object.

MD777 wrote on 7/12/2024, 8:51 AM

Thanks, I'll try to remove the path and now I'm attaching a screenshot to make it easier.

B

MD777 wrote on 7/13/2024, 4:47 PM

@SP.

Unfortunately, deleting the two tracks that were affected by the "uninvited" sound that appeared later did not help

SP. wrote on 7/13/2024, 4:55 PM

@MD777 Select everything with CTRL and A. Copy it with CTRL and C. Create a new project, create the number of necessary tracks and paste everything with CTRL and V. I think that should help.

I can also see in your screenshot, that the waveforms of the bass loop is not visible. If you disable the stereo representation under the View > Arranger menu this problem usually goes away.

coneman wrote on 7/14/2024, 8:52 AM

Thanks SP,. for your tip on displaying the waveform. MD777 all the best.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/14/2024, 3:12 PM

I just upgraded my 2015 Magix Music Maker to 25'. I use a Roland Fantom 08 as my MIDI Keyboard and I have it properly linked with Magix. My issue is I do not hear the sounds(synth and the like) from my keyboard. However If I choose a Vita Solo Instrument I am able to manipulate the sounds in Magix and be able to play those preset sounds that came with Magix. Is there a way to record my keyboards preset sounds to Magix? Or am I handicapped to using what Magix has?

SP. wrote on 7/14/2024, 4:28 PM

@Scott-Chapple

My issue is I do not hear the sounds(synth and the like) from my keyboard

Is AUDIO REC enabled in the track header and your keyboard connected via an audio cable to your computer?

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/16/2024, 4:11 PM

@Scott-Chapple

My issue is I do not hear the sounds(synth and the like) from my keyboard

Is AUDIO REC enabled in the track header and your keyboard connected via an audio cable to your computer?

Yes. But I have the track set to MIDI Rec.

SP. wrote on 7/16/2024, 5:37 PM

@Scott-Chapple Only AUDIO REC will record the sounds of your keyboard. MIDI doesn't contain any sounds, but only MIDI messages.

MD777 wrote on 7/16/2024, 5:44 PM

I solved my problem in a different way; I selected the "range" (part of the empty path) and deleted it. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot and I don't remember how to re-select a part of an empty track, this option should be easier to find in the Music Maker menu

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/16/2024, 6:07 PM

@SP. I tried that but all I hear on the playback is sounding to something like a Fisher Price piano sound. And when I place a Magix sound pool loop in and play with both tracks I can not hear the Keyboard recording.

Is there a vid on the proper hookup and settings dealing with this issue?

TIA

SP. wrote on 7/16/2024, 6:36 PM

@Scott-Chapple 

1. Connect the Audio Out of your keyboard with the Audio In of your computer. This is usually done via RCA cables, Phono cables or XLR cables. If your computer doesn't have a corresponding input, you need to buy an audio interface.

2. Connect the MIDI Out of your keyboard with the MIDI In on your computer (or audio interface) by using a MIDI cable. This might also be possible via an USB cable. It depends on your keyboard. If you use a USB cable this will usually install a MIDI port automatically.

3. Open Music Maker, navigate to File > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI. Select an ASIO driver.

If you don't have an audio interface with ASIO drivers select the standard Music Maker ASIO driver. Otherwise select the ASiO driver of your audio interface.

Click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the driver settings. Here select your audio input and audio output.

Select the input to which you connected the Audio Out of your keyboard. Select the output to which you connected your speakers or headphones.

Set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

Close the ASIO driver settings.

On the right side of the Audio/MIDI settings you can select the MIDI input and output. Select the automatically installed MIDI port of your keyboard as an input in case you use a USB cable. Otherwise select the MIDI input port of your audio interface. You can select your keyboard also as an output if possible. This will allow Music Maker to send MIDI to keyboard to remote control it.

Then close the Program Settings

4. Set a track of your choice to AUDIO REC. If you now play something on your keyboard, you should hear the sound of your keyboard in Music Maker. You can then record your playing. This will be recorded as an audio file.

5. Alternatively, load a virtual instrument onto a track. Set the track to MIDI REC. If you now play your keyboard you should hear the virtual instrument in Music Maker. You can record your playing. This will record the key presses on your keyboard as MIDI messages. You can edit them afterwards in the MIDI editor.

If you don't load a virtual instrument onto the track the MIDI will be send to the MIDI Out you selected in the program settings. Standard output is the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. I think that was the Fisherprice Piano you heard.

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/16/2024, 7:17 PM

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/18/2024, 2:01 PM

I set everything the way you said but still I can not record from my keyboard's original sounds. I can play magixs soundpools with the virtual plug-ins like vita ect. But not my Roland. When I pull up the Audio/Midi tab in settings, Magix recognizes my keyboard on the right side automatically. I wonder if I have to do something with the Roland's settings. Without the vita selected in track 1, and set to audio, then press record while playing my keyboard, nothing is recorded. Somewhere the two are not connected. However I do notice the 'midi' icon in magix lights up, so it definitely reads my input. I don't know. Bout to loose my mind...lolz

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/18/2024, 2:03 PM

Also, when I click on the '+' to add a plug-in on track 1, shouldn't my keyboard show up there to select? You would think Magix would have that as an easy option.

browj2 wrote on 7/18/2024, 3:32 PM

@Scott-Chapple

Hi,

You have audio recording and MIDI recording mixed up.

For MIDI recording using VST instruments, watch these 2 tutorials:

For recording the sound output of your external keyboard, you do not use MIDI and you do not use VST instruments. The 2 methods are completely different. You will be recording audio from your keyboard output, similar to recording with a microphone.

You have to have your external keyboard connected as per point 1 by @SP.

Connect the Audio Out of your keyboard with the Audio In of your computer. 

In Music Maker Program Settings, Audio/MIDI tab, change the Driver to Wave Driver. Ok. On the transport controls, open the recording parameters - button just to the right of the red record button. Open the dropdown under Audio line-in. Select Line Input. This should give you access to your external keyboard. Check the box beside Monitoring.

Arm the track onto which you want to record. The red highlighted button should say AUDIO, not MIDI.

Try playing something on your keyboard. The sound of your keyboard should be what you hear. Try a different bank on your keyboard. Play.

Now you can record the sound from your keyboard.

Or something like that.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/18/2024, 4:05 PM

Thanks for the timely response. I'm at work right now. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again.

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/19/2024, 2:37 AM

All night at work I kept thinking on what I am missing. I got home (2:30 AM - I work afternoons ) and did exactly what you said to do. Still I had no sound or was able to record Audio. So all was correct with what you told me. But there was something else I was missing. So I dug deeper knowing my Magix settings were correct. I looked into the keyboard itself. I search the Roland support info on their site and found out there is a driver for the USB A / C to connect the keyboard to the computer. It told me that Windows would automatically update the driver as soon as the keyboard was plugged in. ✅️ and to check Device Manager to make sure. But I reinstalled the driver from their website to be absolutely sure becuase sometimes drivers can be installed wrong by automation through Windows (11). And double checked to see if the keyboard is showing up in my devices. It was. So I further read a thread from Roland on what settings on the keyboard had to be enabled for data transfer. It seems I had to change the USB from 'generic' to 'vendor'. And press 'write' to save the setting. I opened up Magix Music 25, clicked on Settings >Audio/Midi. Under Audio Playback I opened the drop down menu and selected Main Out 1(4-FANTOM-06-07-08). Then selected 'Wave driver' and 24 bit. Everything else on the left side of the menu stayed default. On the right side under MIDI, I changed Output Device to 4-FANTOM-06-07-08 DAW CTRL. and Input DEVICE TO 4-FANTOM-06-07-08. Everything else on default. I then went to test this to see if that worked a wha la!!! I was able to record sounds straight from my keyboard to magix. I test to see if I could hear both magix sound loops with what I recorded and they both played without one or the other canceling out. With the Audio playback set the way I have it , I am able to listen through my studio headset connected to my keyboard without changing head sets every time I wanted to listen to what I recorded/composed on magix.

If you would like, I can post the links that showed how I got this to work. With your permission of course. Thanks again for your help. I am grateful for your patience and knowledge. You saved my sanity 😌.

Rock on!

Scott C.

SP. wrote on 7/19/2024, 3:12 AM

@Scott-Chapple This still reads like you connect your keyboard only via USB and not via audio cables? Are you sure you understand what we're taking about? Or I don't understand what you want to tell us.

It reads like you still only record MIDI, not audio, but send it back to your keyboard. In that case, you won't be able to export your project as an audio file since the audio is generated by your keyboard and not your computer.

Feel free to upload a photo of your keyboard and how it is connected to your computer or of your Music Maker project and how it records audio. You can use the arrow icon above the response text box to upload images to the forum.

johnebaker wrote on 7/19/2024, 4:10 AM

@SP.

Hi

. . . . This still reads like you connect your keyboard only via USB . . . .

That is a correct mehtod, the Roland FANTOM-06-07-08 can output audio over USB to a computer or other USB device such as an audio amp.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Scott-Chapple wrote on 7/19/2024, 5:59 AM

I have a USB A - USB B 2.0 cable.

I was able to record Audio on magix. Did not use midi in the track. The main issue I found out I had was that the USB driver was not working properly and I had to change a setting on the keyboard itself. When I get time I'll post the setting (pic) of what I have.