Having trouble getting started

henry-s wrote on 9/7/2019, 10:46 AM

I've installed Video Easy HD, version 5 on my HP Pavillion desktop, running Windows 10, 64 bit, all updated. The Video Easy software came packaged with a Terratec G3 that I purchased to convert old video cassettes.

My VCR has only a scart outputs (no S-Video or composite). When I open the Video Easy software and try to set up for a project, I don't see a way to select scart. There is only composite or s-video. Am I missing something?

Have I provided enough information to start with? Any advice as to how to continue? Thank you in advance.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/7/2019, 1:33 PM

@henry-s

Hi

Assuming you have the cable connected correctly, then select Composite for importing - the SCART output is composite.

If you are still not sure look in the PDF manual, which should be available under Help - you may have to download it - under the section Import from analog sources (e.g. video recorder) for more detail.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

henry-s wrote on 9/8/2019, 8:10 AM

Thank you, John EB. I'll try that and post my results.

Henry

henry-s wrote on 9/8/2019, 8:53 AM

@johnebaker

Yes, that was the right thing to do. The Terratec G3 has a scart input, so I connected scart to scart, then in the video easy software "composite" was already selected, so I left it that way. Three tries, then I was able to record a clip. I notice that toward the beginning of the clip the audio is not synced with the video (they seem to be synced on the original videocassette). Later in the clip, audio and video are in sync. But that's another problem, and perhaps I'm not the first to experience it, so I'll search the forum for a relevant thread.

Thanks again for your help.

Henry