Having failures with sucessfully transfer vidoetapes over 1 hr using Rescue youer videotapes program

sobman wrote on 2/2/2011, 11:24 PM

I have many home video tapes that I am trying to transfer using Magix's Rescure your videotapes. Whenever I try to transfer a videotape over 1 hr or so, thay almost always fail. Many times the program appears to be trnasfering them but on playback, they all have failed transfering after about the 1 hr time point. I have successfully tranfered these same video's directly to DVD's using a DVD video recorder.

Very Frustrated and disapointed in this program!!

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 2/3/2011, 11:02 AM

What operating system are you running?

What format are you recording into... avi?

I am wondering if there is some sort of file size limitation within Windows. I have an older version of this software; I have not actually tried to do any video over 30 minutes, so I have not had this problem represent itself.

sobman wrote on 2/3/2011, 9:50 PM

Thanks, I am running Windows 7 and am using the latest verson of th Rescue Your Videotapes (version2.0.2.0) which Magix says is Windows 7 compatable (The program did update once from the Magix site and appears to be at the latest version).

I'm trying to record these to DVD for archiving so I'm using the mPeg 4 format so I can burn them right away in the program. I never get that far however since the recordings "appear to be recording OK" but ultimatly have actually failed. once I check the playback before burning them to DVD. Thanks, Dave

john-auvil wrote on 2/8/2011, 9:51 AM

DVD uses MPEG-2

The USB device you have for the MAGIX software, what does it look like?

sobman wrote on 2/8/2011, 11:09 PM

The USB input adapter is two parts. One part is just the wired adapter to get the rca stereo audio(red/white female connetions), a yellow female video connection and a s-video connetion. The entire audio/video wire adapter is about 6 in long and the other end that everything adapts to is a mini usb male connector.

The other part is red (top) and white (bottom) with a black 3/8 in button on the red side of the adapter(the button clicks when pushed). This adapter is about 2 1/4 in long by1 1/8 in wide and about 1/2 in thick. On the Front (red) it has the Magix logo white silk screened on it. On the back it has a label that says Made in China (Ver 3) and a Bar code #18103072499 on it. The adaper has a female mini USB port on one end (to plug in the male mini usb audio video adapter cable above into) and a male regular USB plug on the other end that you plug into the computer. The closest comparable object I can say it looks like is an oversized USB Flash drive. Hope this helps. Regards, Dave