Google analytics for sub pages on a supersite

Phil-Barley wrote on 2/22/2021, 2:16 PM

Hey...I have set up my Google coding in the head of the index page, and it has copied it over to all sub pages. The stats are showing for live visitors as well as stats for the last week....BUT, I haven't any stats for my sales, since the index page is the only page seen by the code. I have read through the Google instructions, and added the tracking code as well, to each sales page. The code ended up once, at the end of the body, instead of the beginning, where it should be. I still do not have sales tracking.

Am I doing something wrong, or will Google only track the index page on a supersite? Do I need to make it conventional with separate htm linked pages to get sales stats?

Thanks,

Phil

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/23/2021, 8:29 AM

@Phil-Barley

Hi

. . . . will Google only track the index page on a supersite . . . .

A supersite is only one web page - scripting controls what is seen depending on the menu option selected.

There is a similar post on the Google Analytics help forum - is this yours?

. . . . Do I need to make it conventional with separate htm linked pages to get sales stats? . . . .

That would work for the individual pages, however -

. . . . I haven't any stats for my sales . . . .

Are you using the Ecwid shop widget?

If so then as this is hosted on a 3rd party, site that is where you should be getting stats from through you Store Manager and, AFAIK, Google Analytics cannot do this.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Phil-Barley wrote on 2/23/2021, 8:40 AM

Thanks for the reply again John....yes that is my post on Google as well. I just read that I need a widget and more than just Paypal to track sales. I will check out Ecwid, as I also need a shop widget that will allow me to control shipping rates overseas. Paypal doesn't give me that option.

Phil