Getting error your computer will be strained.

rudymarss wrote on 7/8/2013, 6:33 AM

When I try to capture video from my old videotapes with Save Your Videos 6, I keep getting the report "Your computer will be strained by the current recording settings. To guarantee error-free recording, lower the recording quality and try again."

Whether I use the 'high' or 'very high' setting, this message appears after about a minute.

My system consists of an AMD Phenom II X4 960t with 8GB of RAM, an ATI HD5670 graphics card and an Intel 320 series SSD.

Operating system is Windows 7.

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 7/8/2013, 9:22 AM

Hi,

When you capture video you must close all unecessary program using Program Manager (Ctrl Alt Del) also room on your hard drive you must using Windows System Tools to clean you hard disk and defrag.

If you have a computer from long time you can scan with program like Pc Cleaner or RegClean to speed up any cleaner can fit your need.

Test the capture if work without problem that is great, if not capture without loosing frame try to unplug Internet and turn off your antivirus to avoid scanning file during capture process.

Naturally a poerful computer is less problematic...

Regards,

YR

johnebaker wrote on 7/8/2013, 5:02 PM

Hi

. . . . Whether I use the 'high' or 'very high' setting, this message appears after about a minute. . . .

This could be a problem with the USB transfer rate if you are using the USB capture device.  The capture device can only work at its maximum if it is used on a USB port which is not sharing with other USB devices.

Try test captures with the capture device in different USB ports

Note: trying to capture at, for example, 1920 * 1080 is not going to gain anything because the VHS video format resolution is approx 330×480 pixels.

HTH

john

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/8/2013, 5:02 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

yvon-robert wrote on 7/8/2013, 11:29 PM

Hi,

Check the back of your computer if you have a recent machine probably you have many USB port but one must be bleu or colored this is a USB 3.0 and others are USB 2.0. Try different USB port probably the device you hook  is USB 2.0. Normally Windows detect the USB speed and display a screen that the device hook can work faster if you plug it on low speed USB.  VHS and 8mm tape are low quality and small size screen.  If you can access to original  movie tape like 8mm or Hi8 you can capture better quality.

Regards,

YR