Forms

colin-beer wrote on 7/16/2021, 2:58 AM

It appears that forms cannot be implemented without the use of a 3rd party software which is expensive and inconvenient. Can Xara please develop a form widget consisting of some simple html code coupled with a php file so that responses can be sent from a web page to an email address? This method is used by 'WYSIWYG Web Builder' for example, and a number of other programs, without exposure of the site visitor to phishing etc. A self-contained independent form builder would make Xara second to none in the field of website software providers. If anyone knows of a workaround I would be very happy to have it.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/16/2021, 6:00 PM

@colin-beer

Hi

. . . .  Can Xara please develop a form widget consisting of some simple html code coupled with a php file so that responses can be sent from a web page to an email address? . . . .

This is unlikely to happen as:

1. Web Designer does not support PHP - websites created by WD are use jQuery for their functionality.
  2. Your host needs to support PHP - if you are using Xara or Magix hosting this is not supported.

Have you looked at using Google forms?

Or, if your host does provide PHP support, then this method could be adapted to work in Web Designer,

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.