Comments

julain-downward wrote on 6/27/2022, 10:33 AM

FX settings get wiped out if you add a new FX to an exiting chain. Serious problem! makes ACID unusable unless you add in ever effect you will ever need on that particular channel BEFORE you start doing any editing.

SP. wrote on 6/27/2022, 11:18 AM

@julain-downward Drag and drop the FX from the plugin browser into the chain as a workaround.

VMP wrote on 6/30/2022, 5:59 AM

Bug/design issue report: When activated via menu 'Help->Update program online...'
Gives a blank window, with tiny image on the middle, with barely readable text on the bottom left 'No updates were found'

Just before that:
Updated successfully to version: 10.0.6 (Build 9).
The update process went smoothly.

Just a note that when the update was completed, the window did not mention the version number, just 10.0.
(The version number does show bottom left):

Best,
VMP

Kip-Johnson wrote on 7/8/2022, 2:13 PM

Bug ---> Add Melodyne 5 to track by selecting "Edit Track with Melodyne" then make some edits. Now save the ACID 11 project. Reopen the ACID 11 project. Walla... Melodyne 5 is missing from the track that it was previously added to.

Jeremy-Holt wrote on 7/8/2022, 7:16 PM

AP11 HAS JUST CRASHED THIRTEEN, YES THIRTEEN TIMES ON OPENING!!! I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON A NEW LAPTOP HOPING IT WOULD FIX THESE RIDICULOUS BUGS BUT STILL CRASHING ON OPENING AND CRASHING ON RENDERING. I have used Acid since the Sonic Foundry days as well and REALLY don't want to switch DAWs but this has gone BEYOND PISSING ME OFF.

And MAGIX HOW ABOUT AN ACTUAL SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER INSTEAD OF A FORUM WHERE YOU HAVE ANSWERED ZERO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ISSUE????????

VMP wrote on 7/10/2022, 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your frustration.

Using Acid Pro 10 I have just opened and rendered complicated Acid Pro projects (originally created with AP7).
It did not crash for me once.

Please try to keep your post here about Bug reports, I don't think promoting other software from other company instead of Magix is allowed or constructive criticism.
Last time I heared, the same software developers from Sonic Foundry and Sony are working on the current Acid Pro versions, the team has moved along with every rebranding. So as far as I know it's still live and kicking.

Using the support system you can contact Magix directly: https://www.magix.com/us/support/
Untill now they have always helped me.

Best regards,
VMP

SporkimusPrime wrote on 7/11/2022, 2:05 PM

Something I notice in 10.0.6, is when I am using FX Automation on a kick drum loop, to change the cutoff--when I render it to an Mp3, it doesn't always render that automation out. I just have to try a few times.

Marcus_Svensor wrote on 8/8/2022, 3:53 AM

ACID 11, most annoying bugs.

1. When you load an FX Chain, the settings are not recovered

2. In APU modern EQ there is no way to save the settings (that actaully works)

3. If you load an additional FX settings on the others are reset with the error "The plugin state could not be restored, unknown format"

4. Cannot add location of VST Plugins for previous ACID versions, folder window, cannot locate hidden C:\PROGRAMDATA\ folder. It is not possible to manually enter a folder path to: C:\ProgramData\ACID\ACID Pro\10.0\MAGIX Plugins\ or to manually edit existing paths.

pawgan wrote on 8/16/2022, 10:07 AM

please fix the issues with some vst3 plugins. While vst2 alternatives work, some vst3 versions of the same plugin have issues like no sound....

james-h wrote on 8/18/2022, 7:11 AM

Anyone know where we are with regard to these bugs? I'm still getting the same ones.😖

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 8/21/2022, 1:13 PM

Anyone know where we are with regard to these bugs? I'm still getting the same ones.😖

admin deleted my comment apparently. But the answer to your question is No. Magix needs to sell the code to someone else.

emmrecs wrote on 8/21/2022, 1:33 PM

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick

Your previous comment was hidden, not deleted, because it is potentially libellous.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alan-Pitt wrote on 8/31/2022, 3:06 PM

People seem to suggest that many of the Acid Pro Crashes reported stem from mixing VSTs. E.g, 32 and 64 bit together. Could Acid not release a pure form of Acid Pro 64-bit where old 32-bit VSTs are not allowed or forcibly disabled? Possibly make Acid 10 a 32-bit only for those who still want to use old-fashioned plugins?

I know many will say that if your plugins are mostly available as 32-bit only, and you are not running out of memory, then the advice would be to stick with a 32-bit host even if the host itself is available as 64-bit. The golden rule is - if you use a 32-bit host, use 32-bit plugins. If you use a 64-bit host, use 64-bit plugins.

Could Magix not adapt this if it helps with crashing or stability issues?

I'm not sure why anyone would even want 32-bit in a 64-bit machine anyway. Especially if this is the main reason for the constant instability and crashing issues.

Anyway, it's merely a suggestion. I'm happy to hear from anyone who insists there's a genuine need to have both 32 and 64-bit together. I'd personally want to stick with one as the advice states.

cjniel1 wrote on 9/4/2022, 12:33 AM

Would you please fix the settings loss when new fx added to fx chain. Would you please fix the "audio output device not active" problem when attempting to use EZdrummer 3. I bought EZdrummer 3 because of a special feature it has that "listens you your guitar strumming, and suggests what percussion would work best considering the rhythym pattern it hears. Very useful for a singer/songwriter. It's a vst3 instrument that requires track selection for midi in and out access. Most every other top tier DAW has figured this out. Why doesn't AP10? Also, these complaints are for AP10. Are they fixed in AP11? I'm holing off on buying AP11. I fear these problems are probably not fixed. I fear AP11 is AP10 re-packaged with some new vst and vsti's added. I Don't mean to grumble, (too much) because nobody likes a grumbler, but why such a steep upgrade price. Does AP11 have the same problems? How about fixing the blank field that is supposed to "Point Acid to the Loop Collection Location". Some clever folks have figured out a work around. But it's still not a "Fix or repair". It's a workaround. It's been like that since AP8. So now we are on AP11 and as long as everybody uses the workaround, nobody in R&D bothers to fix it. Is the upgrade price we pay, used to cover the R&D repairs to the base product we already have. That may come in a future release? Or, is the upgrade price paid to have the new features? Perhaps the $119 is a great deal for Independence Pro. Other than that, all I see in AP11 that AP10 doesn't have, are the Ozone plugins. Am I correct about that? I Fear we are paying for the repairs if there are any repairs. I'm not inclined to upgrade till we see how things shake out with the repairs to AP10. If in good faith MAGIX gets AP10 working correctly, then I'll buy AP11. But there are a plethora of vst's and vsti synths to be had elsewhere. It's fixes I'd like to see. Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. I have loved Acid since SONY Acid Pro 3. Submitted Respectfully.

Former user wrote on 9/5/2022, 3:55 PM

@cjniel1, you are correct about AP10 . ..do NOT buy AP11 it's just a money grab. Only difference between 10 & 11 is a Splash Screen and a link to their 'Producer Planet' site. NOTHING has been fixed. There is an update in the works to fix all the 'Known' issues in AP and we're waiting patiently for it to arrive...very patiently. As an EZD 3 user I'm frustrated just as you are, They say there are 'Work Arounds" but none have worked for me concerning EZD3. So now , you too must wait...patiently 😐 Cheers

FiatLux wrote on 9/6/2022, 2:56 AM

VST Plug-ins works just fine , but when inserting VST3 version of same then NO sound !

Please get the ALL the plug-ins to work including VST3 versions ! Thank you !

Examples of Plugins tried in AP11S where VST works and VST3 does not (no sound) : SampleTank 4 (IK Multimedia) and Surrealistic MG-1 Plus (Cherry Audio) .

Clay256 wrote on 9/15/2022, 7:15 PM

If you don't want to actually develop the software anymore Magix maybe just make it open source or free? You can't honestly believe it is ethical to charge people money for Acid 10 or 11.

johnebaker wrote on 9/16/2022, 1:32 PM

@Clay256

Hi

You two posts ranting about your hidden libellous comment and the accusations against another Moderator, have also been hidden.

Please read the Community rules, link is at the bottom of every page, regarding the expected user behaviour which you agreed to abide by when you joined the forum.

Failure to abide by the Community rules, in particular rules 1 and 6 can and will result in your account being blocked.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Clay256 wrote on 9/16/2022, 2:10 PM

Improvements Magix made to Acid 11 after 2 years of development:

1. Changed the number in the name.

2. ????

Clay256 wrote on 9/16/2022, 2:14 PM

I am glad that Sonic Foundry Acid is still being developed as a DAW by competent developers after all these years, only now it is called Presonus Studio One.

johnebaker wrote on 9/16/2022, 2:42 PM

@Clay256

Hi

. . . . I am glad that Sonic Foundry Acid is still being developed as a DAW by competent developers after all these years, only now it is called Presonus Studio One. . . . .

You are correct it is being developed by DAW competent developers, Magix initial product was a professional DAW called Samplitude/Sequoia which is still in production/development.

However incorrect in that Sonic Foundry Acid is not Studio One which started development in 2004 before being produced as a co-operation in 2006 with Presonus.

Sonic Foundry Acid (pH1) (1998) was sold to Sony (2003) where it became the familiar Acid Pro, which was acquired, along with a wide range of other Sony products, by Magix (2016) who are the current owners of the product.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Clay256 wrote on 9/16/2022, 2:48 PM

@Clay256

Hi

. . . . I am glad that Sonic Foundry Acid is still being developed as a DAW by competent developers after all these years, only now it is called Presonus Studio One. . . . .

You are correct it is being developed by DAW competent developers, Magix initial product was a professional DAW called Samplitude/Sequoia which is still in production/development.

However incorrect in that Sonic Foundry Acid is not Studio One which started development in 2004 before being produced as a co-operation in 2006 with Presonus.

Sonic Foundry Acid (pH1) (1998) was sold to Sony (2003) where it became the familiar Acid Pro, which was acquired, along with a wide range of other Sony products, by Magix (2016) who are the current owners of the product.

John EB
Forum Moderator

I was making a joke about how Magix has so badly mismanaged this intellectual property and filled it with apparently unfixable bugs and crashes that Studio One is the true successor to the legacy of Acid rather than Acid itself, which is truly dead.

Nothing good has happened to Acid since Sony added the groove pool. All Magix has done is slap on some keeping-things-current maintenance work like VST3 support, which according to so many people in this thread doesn't even work.

Former user wrote on 9/17/2022, 8:44 AM

This is what we should expect from Magix / Acid Pro:

A new ACID PRO license should include unlimited free updates through the next version. Frequency may varie, but updates should typically be released every few weeks.

These updates too include bug fixes, feature improvements, and significant new features, all of which are free.

emmrecs wrote on 9/18/2022, 10:57 AM

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick

Your posts are being hidden because you persist in either ranting or making libellous comments or both!

All Moderators on the forum are NOT Magix employees; we can happily take criticism constructively expressed if it is aimed at Magix, the company since we are NOT "the company". These are User to User forums, not any contact for Magix staff and I would respectfully ask that you re-read carefully the Community rules (to be found in the footer of every forum page) and to which you agreed when you signed up to join the forums.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam