Error message "Hosting storage space allocation exceeded"

d-p wrote on 6/9/2023, 10:05 AM

So after using Web designer and godaddy for the past 10 years i now get this message "Hosting storage space allocation exceeded" and cannot upload anything or any changes. So my sites are stuck. Godaddy checked everything on their end and all is good. So now we try to figure this out with Xara. Has anybody seen this message? Thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/9/2023, 10:53 AM

@d-p

I very much doubt whether Xara will be able to help with this, sorry!

The message is clearly emanating from your host server, presumably GoDaddy? Or are you using Xara hosting? In which case, what does GoDaddy have to do with it? Sorry for the questions!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/9/2023, 10:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

d-p wrote on 6/9/2023, 11:43 AM

emmrecs, Godaddy is my host server. I use web designer and upload to godaddys servers. Its worked flawlessly for years and godaddy cant find any issues on their end. This error message happens with all 3 of my sites that i regularly update when trying to upload. And this message comes form Xara so there has to be someone there that knows the definition of this message and how to resolve it.

emmrecs wrote on 6/9/2023, 1:50 PM

@d-p

Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, I really don't see how a message about "Hosting storage space" could possibly come from Xara since you do not use Xara hosting!

OTOH, I assume you use the facility in Web Designer to actually upload your sites to the server; is it this upload process that gives you the error message? If you test doing the upload using something like the free Filezilla (you will need to know your server details and password(s)) do you see the same message? (If you need more guidance about setting up and using Filezilla, please post back.)

How much space on the server is each of your sites using? And how much does GoDaddy allocate to you? Are your three sites totally independent, with their own individual storage space allowances or are they in some way "linked", such that the server is looking at the total used space of the three sites together?

I must add: I do not use Web Designer, although I do have my own website, and, like all other posters here, I am not a Magix/Xara employee so am really "guessing" what might be the cause!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 6/10/2023, 1:53 AM

@d-p

Hi

Have you logged in to your hosting control panel (Cpanel) on GoDaddy to see how much storage space you have used.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

d-p wrote on 6/10/2023, 11:58 AM

Hi John, Yes i spoke with them at length and my usage is very little and the package i bought from them is pretty stout. I went thru all the files and they cant find anything wrong. The message comes from web designer on all 3 of my sites (which are 1 page each with very light graphics). So im hoping to find someone who has seen this message before... or someone from magix to tell me what this error code means... Im almost ready to jump ship because i need to update my site. I wish they had a phone number i could call