ERROR INSTRUMENT

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/9/2023, 3:44 AM

I got an error that prevents me from playing and composing music. All the contents of the instrument cluster stopped working for me. They do not work in such a way that the volume automatically drops to the minimum by itself. It's like the program has somehow crashed and reinstalling won't help. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? In terms of volume, only the DN-e1 works for me. But it wasn't always like that, it's just that lately it's started to get worse.

PS : THE INSTRUMENT CALLED "REVOLTA 2" HAS NOT WORKED ON MY PIANO SINCE I PURCHASED THE PROGRAM. ONLY WORKS ON PC KEYBOARD. I HAVE MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 17 and "M-AUDIO KEYSTATION 61" PIANO

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/9/2023, 9:08 PM

@Ronins-Tiger Revolta 2 needs MIDI notes on channel 1 to work. Other channels are ignored. Please check the settings of your MIDI keyboard and on which channel it sends MIDI.

You can see the channel of the notes easily if you record a short MIDI object and look into the event list inside the MIDI editor.

Also, it might be possible that there is a MIDI event in your project that sets to volume to a low level. You would need to find and delete it. Does this volume problem appear if you only loop a later part of your composition? If not, it might be located at the beginning of your project. Does this problem also occur if you create a new project?

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 4:30 AM

I don't know what you mean. When I looked in the "program setting", "1" is written in the "use target MIDI channel" column, but the entire column is inactive (grayed out), and the check box cannot be activated because the entire line is gray, inactive. .. As for the volume, I've never had a problem with this for "many years", everything always worked, and suddenly when I changed the PC after some time, it automatically happened that the program forcefully pushed the volume down by itself. The whole "VOLUME" icon still is violently pushed down, and constantly oscillates slightly, as if something happened in that program in relation to the computer. And I have "ASIO buffer size 2048 samples", set to the maximum. I do not know what's happening.

SP. wrote on 1/10/2023, 8:49 AM

@Ronins-Tiger Could you please double click on a MIDI object in a track with Revolta to open the MIDI editor and make a screenshot of it with the MIDI event list visible? You can upload a screenshot to this forum with the blue arrow icon above the text box. Maybe we can see if there is a problem.

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 11:29 AM

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 11:30 AM

this playing is through the keyboard

SP. wrote on 1/10/2023, 12:59 PM

@Ronins-Tiger The event list isn't visible. Please click on the icon in the top left corner.

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 1:03 PM

WHICH ICON?

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 1:06 PM

SP. wrote on 1/10/2023, 1:18 PM

@Ronins-Tiger Thanks. The notes are on MIDI Channel 1, so technically you should get sound from Revolta.

Is an ASIO driver selected as your audio driver in the Music Maker program settings?

Also, it looks like you have a volume curve on channel 14 which sets the volume down to about 64 and 65. This could be the cause for low volume.

Have you drawn such a curve or is this data sent by your MIDI keyboard? You can display the curves by clicking on the curve icon right next to the drum map icon. The curve icon is the fourth icon from the left side.

You can switch to the volume curve if you select curve number 7 in the dropdown box in the curves editor.

Ronins-Tiger wrote on 1/10/2023, 1:31 PM

driver is ASIO. This entry is from the keyboard. But when I use the piano, there is no record, not even a single line, do you understand? As if REVOLTA ignored that I have a piano.