Error "Cannot prepare WAV header"

xela-n wrote on 1/27/2023, 8:19 AM

Hi,

I'm running a Windows 10 64bit. I had the Photostory 2022 and was trying to create a slideshow. I have added the pictures (JPG & JPEG files) and music (m4a) and some snippet videos (mp4 & MOV). When I try to preview the slideshow, it plays normally for about 2-3 seconds and then it stops, and I get this pop-up screen showing the error "Cannot prepare WAV header". I uninstalled and reinstalled it, started a whole new slideshow and again the same error come up. I completely uninstalled Photostory 2022 and purchased the Photostory 2023 ($39 not the upgrade) and the same error appears.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/27/2023, 9:22 AM

@xela-n

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I suspect I know why this problem is occurring for you; because you are using m4a audio files. Assuming you have obtained these files from iTunes, they have built-in DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection which is designed to prevent the file contents being "copied".

If I am correct about this you will need to convert those files to .mp3 format or, better still, to .wav format. But, that raises 2 issues for you: having the software on your computer to do this conversion; and the fact you are then bypassing the copyright protection!

In order to check whether my suspicion is correct that the file format is what is causing the problem, if you are willing to post one of your m4a files to a file sharing site (like Dropbox or WeTransfer) and then send me a Private Message with a link to download it I will test on my computer whether I experience the same problem. If I do I will see what happens if I convert the file to .wav. (I do have software which can do this, I think!)

Please do NOT try to attach the file to a post here; to do so would be to risk you being accused of illegally making the file available to anyone to copy.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam