Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/2/2021, 11:22 AM

@Lee-Humphries

I suspect the two problems may be related.

Taking the second one first: it is the website owner's responsibility to keep a record of his/her user name and password for access to the hosting server. If you cannot find them I think your only solution is to ask Xara Support if they can reset your login details. You could create a Support Ticket here but the procedure to reset your access is not likely to be easy.

Commonly, there can be at least two reasons for the 404 Error Message: the hosting server is off-line for some reason; the site owner has not loaded the site to the correct folder on the host server or has not named the home page as "index.html". If the site had been accessible previously, it is not likely to be the second error, unless changes have been made to the site and those changes have not been created or uploaded properly.

Whatever the cause(s) of your problems I suspect there is very little anyone here can do since we are all fellow-users and there are no Magix/Xara staff who regularly visit or post here. You need to resolve your server access before the site content can be sorted.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam