Encoding error using Xtreme Photostory 8

Surb wrote on 3/29/2010, 9:15 PM
I've used this program to burn several DVDs a couple weeks ago.  But now in making a new DVD program, I continue to get "encoding error5" occuring after Step 4.  I've tried several little changes /adjustments & try again but get the same result.  I've spent many hours & many DVDs trying to get this to work.  I cannot find any other forums where this program is discussed, only sites that advertise & have downloads of it.  I have to wonder how it got a #1 rating.  It certainly wasn't because of tech support.

The instructions really suck!  The manual simpily describes the functions of the components but does not offer a correction for my problem or any other problem.  Send them an online question & you get no response. Call their help line telephone & a recording tells you all lines are busy, call again & hangs up.  You're not put into a que to wait for a tech.  Send a question in this venue & only a small percentage ever gets a response.  Their customer support is zero.

I'm very disappointed with this this company.  I like the way this program works (when it works) but I'll never recommend it to anyone else.  Does anyone have the same or other problems that have been ignored by Magix? 

Comments

gbosel50on wrote on 4/17/2010, 7:43 AM
G'day Surb, I'm having the problems on PhotoStory 8 and setting up your photo projects is straight forward but when you go to burn your projects,you get the same, "MDA reports DVD image creation error" and "Error encoding" and a 20 page report that Bill Gates would have trouble understanding. You're right about the instructions, they tell you How it works but nothing on how you solve any Problems that come up. I won't recommend Magix either as the only Magix is seeing your cash disappear. I get the impression this a photo program run by the Dodgy Bros going by their so called "support" service. I got an upgrade to 
PhotoStory 9 (A freebie, amazing!) but I'm not game to use it in case the same shit happens. All we can do is troll through the umteen pages of feedback in the hope some knows something as the silence from Magix is bloody deafening. 

Graham B