EMERGENCY - WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR PROGRAM?

Herb-Boeckenhaupt wrote on 9/15/2020, 11:02 AM

We have been using Xara products for years, then suddenly, our Xara Designer Pro has disappeared from our system?

Where can we get the installer file and disconnect from the online version. We do not wish to use the web accessible version of Xara Designer.

We wish to use Xara Designer Pro on our machine with no external use.

Please advise what happened and how to restore things back to normal.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/15/2020, 12:18 PM

@Herb-Boeckenhaupt

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

As such I doubt very much whether anyone here can help you, beyond asking some very obvious questions like, when did you last use the app? What has changed on your computer since the last use? Have you thoroughly searched your Program Files folder and checked there whether it is still installed?

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Herb-Boeckenhaupt wrote on 9/15/2020, 12:36 PM

Things went wonky a few days ago when we opened Xara Designer Pro and mindlessly clicked a couple of things that, we guess, dropped or removed our program and now makes us go to the cloud. We do/did not want this and just want to restore to a local installation, not a cloud service.

emmrecs wrote on 9/16/2020, 3:49 AM

@Herb-Boeckenhaupt

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 9/16/2020, 4:27 AM

Are you using XARA Designer Pro+ by Xara? This new version has cloud features but it is not by Magix.

browj2 wrote on 9/16/2020, 9:40 AM

@Herb-Boeckenhaupt

I have never seen anywhere in Xara DPX that I could click on that would remove the program from the computer. It has to be done through Windows Apps. Telling us that the program is no longer there is nebulous. Give specifics. We can't see your screen and don't know what you did; you don't even know what you did so you have to tell us exactly the status and why you can't find the program.

Xara is most likely still on your computer. Were you accessing it using an icon on the desktop that is no longer there?

Did you look under the Program Files folder (where the programs are installed) for Xara? Is everything still there?

If you go under the normal menu for loading software, is Xara still there?

Which version do you have?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Herb-Boeckenhaupt wrote on 9/16/2020, 9:53 AM

It happened when the accidentally got tangled up in switching to the cloud located. We were able to disconnect our computer from the Xara Cloud and it allowed us to download a new installer, which put the program back onto our computer. Anyway, sorted it back to the way we wanted it.