Embedded Google Fonts Error when publishing website

M61 wrote on 6/14/2022, 3:28 AM

Hello,

As already described here in this community post, a quasi-same problem occurs with me as well. It is 1:1 reproducible.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/embedded-fonts-error-when-publishing--1298176/

Steps:

You create a new, empty website (e.g. 960px), make several text lines which is already enough. Now you install via Designer Pro (in my case) e.g. the Google font "Nunito" which is then imported/downloaded by Desogner Pro as the entire font family. As soon as you start formatting 2 of the several text lines that you have created in the document and formatted with "Nunito" with "Nunito Semibold" and "Nunito medium" the error occurs! When exporting as a website, the fonts "Nunito", "Nunito black", etc. "CANNOT be embedded".  Even the wrong font names are displayed in the error! Nothing in the file was formatted with "Nuntio black" also the name gallery (what showed that fon "Nunito black" is "used" did not mark anything = no red point when active selected. The after error message generated and uploaded website is displayed incorrectly when displayed on a computer without the "Nuntio" fonts installed because the fonts are missing. Only when the text lines formatted differently in "Nunito" are removed with "Nunito Semibold" and "Nunito medium", the export works again without error message.

This happened to me with a website created with Designer Pro 15, which I opened with the installed trial version of Designer Pro 19 and further edited to esport it. The export of the named XAR file worked perfectly fine in version 15. (Background: I want to buy the update). But as I said, it also happens when you create a completely new document in Designer Pro 19 as described.

This is an extremely annoying error that should not occur. Has cost me almost an entire afternoon and evening of recherche, troubleshooting. In addition, I suspect that the exact same problem will be present on other pages that I will open and edit. For me the absolute reason NOT to buy this update to v19 before the error is not clearly fixed.

OS: Win 8.1 (according to previous inquiry directly at Xara v19 runs on Win 8.1 - there was also no error message concerning this during the installation)

Greetings M.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/14/2022, 4:43 AM

@M61

Hi

. . . . the Google font "Nuntio" . . . . Even the wrong font names are displayed in the error! . . . .

I can find no font of this name - do you mean the 'Nunito' font?

If so which did you install, the static font or the variable weight font?

I cannot replicate the issue with either type of Nunito font on Windows 11 and Web Designer 19, however, as you have Windows 8, if the variable weight fonts were installed, I would suggest removing them and installing the static fonts.

Added:

. . . . make several text lines which is already enough. Now you install via Designer Pro . . . .

Which program are you creating and formatting the text in? If it is Microsoft Word, this may be the issue as there are extra formatting commands embed in the text which can cause issues with other programs when importing the text.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/14/2022, 4:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

M61 wrote on 6/14/2022, 5:37 AM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the feedback, also for correcting me. But even the accidental misspelling of the font name does not change the fact that there is a bug here.

And no ;-) I don't "format" texts "with Word" of course - I've been using Xara since "Xtreme Pro", made well over 100 sites (without using "templates").

The original font family "Nunito" was loaded direct from the Google website (either via Xara Designer Pro, or as ZIP) causes the export problems when using the font style "semibold" as well as "medium".

Actually, it can't be Win 8.1 either, because the same (!) XAR file works fine in export with XD Pro v15, while in v19 exactly the named error message occurs.

Greetings M.

johnebaker wrote on 6/14/2022, 8:06 AM

@M61

Hi

What happens if start a project in Web Designer 19 add a plain text text box and change the fonts as described in your post above?

What is your computer specification, Windows version number, and Web Designer program version number, see this topic for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full.

I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.

. . . . it can't be Win 8.1 either, because the same (!) XAR file works fine in export with XD Pro v15, while in v19 exactly the named error message occurs . . . .

If you get the same error with other fonts downloaded from Google Fonts, I would suggest you raise a support ticket asking Support if exporting embedded fonts that have been downloaded is a limitation of the trial version - see this Support article on how to navigate the Support system. .

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Sandra-Turner wrote on 6/14/2022, 10:42 AM

When I print my paper comes out with lots of small white squares throughout the document. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/14/2022, 10:46 AM

@Sandra-Turner

Hello, welcome

Please do not hijack other threads that are irrelevant to your issue, the forum is for Magix software issues.

If you are using Magix software along with printer, please create a new post.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 6/14/2022, 10:51 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard