editing a downloaded youtube video.... read for more description.

Sky0313 wrote on 7/31/2009, 3:55 PM
so i downloaded a youtube video for its music so i can use that song clip on my video im editing. when i upload the downloaded video file how do i get the video off and just keep the music part. like the file when i place it on my magix movie edit pro 14 it has the video clip on top and below it, it has the audio... i want the video part off. thanks.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/4/2009, 5:45 AM
Hi there,

You can remove the video track from your arrangement, but you need to ungroup it from the audio track first: Select the imported object in timeline mode and use the ungroup function, either by clicking on the broken chain button in the icon bar or by pressing the keyboard shortcut CTRL+M. Now you can select the upper video track separately and just press the Delete key to remove it. Done!

If you want to use the song outside of Movie Edit Pro or you want to save it for future use, you might also just want to export the audio part into an actual audio file, which can be done in the "File" menu => "Export movie" sub menu => "Audio as wave" option.

I hope this helps.