Drag lower handle for longer duration, other slides don't adjust

RickL wrote on 10/11/2009, 11:53 AM
I'm matching each slide length to fit what is being said in narration. I drag lower right handle to stretch, but slides to right don't move to the right (instead it overlaps as a cross fade).  Intelligent mouse mode doesn't seem to make a difference. What am I doing wrong?

Also hoping to export to SWF (or at least Flash) format for low bandwidth applications.  I don't see that option.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/13/2009, 5:21 AM
Hi there,

I guess the left-hand slide overlapping the right-hand slide when just using the handle to extend the duration of the left-hand slide is behaviour by design. For what you want to accomplish, your approach would have to look like this: Make sure you're in intelligent mouse mode and timeline view. Hold down you mouse button on the right-hand photo (not on any handle, but just the photo itself) and move it further to the right-hand side to make some room. In intelligent mouse mode, all further images to the right and objects attached to them will follow. Once this is done you can now use the lower right handle on the left-hand slide to extend the photo and close the gap you just created.

As far as export for low-bandwidth applications is concerned, if you look at the export options, you will find a few formats and presets that might qualify, e.g. WMV with one of the low-bandwidth presets or also MPEG-4. However, it really depends on what exactly you're trying to do and how you want to use the resulting file (e.g. if and how you want to embed it into a website). While there's no direct FLV export option, there's actually a way to create FLV files in the program via the online services upload option. in PhotoStory 8 this can be found in the "File" menu under "Internet" => "Present slide show online". You'll be able to upload the project to your Magix Online Album, where it will be transcoded to Flash Video on the server. In the same menu, there's a "download media" option to obtain the resulting FLV file from the online album again and save it to your local machine. Done!

I hope this helps.