Downloaded instruments and being logged out

Matthew-Buitron wrote on 1/16/2023, 9:50 PM

In the Platinum version, can we not access purchased instruments, while being logged-out of Music Maker? When my internet goes out, and I'm logged out of the system, I am unable to access any instruments. When I click on to an instrument, a box pops up that says... (This plugin is not available. Please check whether you have purchased the selected plug-in and are logged into the store.) Is that confirming that you can't use this unless you're online? I'll look forward to hearing back. Thx!

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/17/2023, 4:26 AM

@Matthew-Buitron All non-free features need an online check.

I believe you can disable Internet connections after logging in, but you need to log in each time you start the program.

browj2 wrote on 1/17/2023, 6:47 AM

@Matthew-Buitron

In order to use the instruments and other features of Editions, you need to be logged in. This is normally automatic unless the last time the program was opened, it crashed. Then, you will have to log in while connected to the internet.

If you are logged in and connected to the internet, close down Music Maker. You can now go offline. Reopen Music Maker and it will log you in even though you are not connected to the internet. Everything should be there. However, if the program then crashes or improperly terminates, you will need to connect to the internet and log in again. You will also likely need to be connected to the internet at least once per month.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos