Dose any one know where to get web site templates

Steve-Norris wrote on 2/20/2020, 1:30 PM

Does anyone know where to get Xara web designer 10, web site templates, also can anyone help with a problem, the master file I had for my site got corrupted, so I downloaded my site from the server, the server directory is it possible to open these files in Xara 10 premium and work on the site then save as the master file. then export it again for upload.

steve

Comments

onlye wrote on 2/24/2020, 10:52 AM

Steve,

I don't think you can download the html code from your site and then open that in Xara as a way to save your site. What kind of error did you get when you tried to open your Xara file?

I have used templates from xaratemplates.com. Pretty good.

Even better - take a look at the product called X Builder. It is a collection of over 700 blocks that you can drag and drop into Xara to build your web page. You can build a custom page in just a few minutes. I usually start with a sketch (on good ole paper) of what I want the page to look like. Then I search for the blocks to build the page. Stupid cheap at $59. I can't say enough good about this product. All blocks come in two variants and with the new fit to view xara feature your sites are well on their way to responsive.

johnebaker wrote on 2/24/2020, 1:40 PM

@Steve-Norris

Hi

. . . . the master file I had for my site got corrupted . . . .

Did you check if there were any backup project files available?

Backup files should be located in:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesignerversion\version number\Backups

or where specified in the default Backup settings location in the Options, Backup tab.

The file names will be in the format name_ddMMMyy_hhmm eg Name_08Feb20_1146.web

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Steve-Norris wrote on 2/25/2020, 2:40 AM

the master file was produced 10 years ago in a different program all ran well did not have to update the site as it was only a 5-page info site but when the web space provider started to tamper with things the three sites i had, the primary site started to pull pages from the other sites. The 2 other sites where built-in Xara the primary was not and all I had was the HTML files, anyway, 2 weeks spent and I have rebuilt the primary site far better product in Xara look good with a lot of changes. the thing is when it happens you think ( O no all the time this is going to take ) But I will admit it was very enjoyable with Xara big difference from 10 years ago. I would like to thank people for the comments and help

thankyou

steve