Dolby Digital import AVCHD not working for real ? Nr 2

bantav wrote on 7/30/2008, 7:51 AM
I this blog doesnt really work right, I cant answer to people answering my questions, so I have to post again.

ralftaro you answered to my question:

"You can import AVCHD material with 5.1 Dolby Digital sound, but it will always be mixed down to stereo and treated as such in the program. That's still curently a technical limitation in Movie Edit Pro. Probably not a big deal to most users. I mean, who really makes use of the surround sound capabilities in the audio encoding of a consumer-level AVCHD camera when in the end the camera just features some unidirectional microphone anyway? Of course, it would be cool to see this featured in the future."

I do use the 5.1 function and it works great. on my hometheater system I hear voices from 5 different directions, very clearly weather its front left or back right.So why would i not care it the software destroys that ? I dont understand what the big deal is technically.

thx for your input.

best regards,

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/1/2008, 1:55 PM
You must have a nice camera then. 

I guess at this point we will just have to wait for 5.1 support on AVCHD material in MEP. I suppose if it was technically trivial, it would already be in there. Definitely a "nice to have" feature.