Do I have to transfer videos in real time?

mcgran wrote on 11/3/2010, 8:02 PM

Hello I have just bought the Magix Rescue your videotapes version 2 and have tried to transfer a video. I had hoped I would be able to just put a video in and "rip" it like I doe music on my pc but it appears I have to play it through like I do on the dvd player. Is there a quicker way as we have hundreds to do? Anyone got any suggestions?  

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 11/4/2010, 6:14 AM

Hi,

it dpends on the source! If you have tapes, it should be clear that you need to play/rec realtime. If it is digital (DVD) it depends on the DVD.

If it your own DVD (no copy protection) you can rip it inside the software (see import). If it is an official movie DVD it will be copy protected and your are not allowed to make a copy or rip it. :-). So the software will usually not be able to rip copy protected DVDs (try it out, for some it might work). There are free tools in the Web that can rip even these DVDs, but it is illegal....Your decision,

Cheers

Lazer

Man o' Lakes wrote on 11/4/2010, 11:50 AM

Hi there,

it really is a bite the bullet for your video tapes - real time recording. It's not ripping software though.

Cheers M o' L