Directx Plugins for MM15

cu3ed wrote on 4/2/2009, 4:58 PM
Very simple, i have DirectX plugins that i want to use in MM15, this used to be a simple case of installing them to the Fx folder in previous veriosn then i could access them in the drop down Fx tab inb the mixer.

In Maqix quest to be more usless than its got in MM15, they simple removed the Fx destination folder, so, does anyone hav any idea how to install these anymore?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/6/2009, 11:31 AM
Hi there,

DirectX plug-ins don't require that you point any program paths at them. That only applies to VST plug-ins. When you run the installer for a DirectX plug-in, it will install the plug-in in the DirectX/multimedia framework of your system. Programs that support this plug-in interface will then by able to access the plug-in without needing any further information as to the physical location of the plug-in on your hard drive.

Possibly the problem is that you went from a "Deluxe" or "Producer Edition" of an old Music Maker down to a simple/classic edition of Music Maker 15. This "small" version doesn't really seem to feature the DirectX effects plug-in option in the mixer. If you do have the "Premium" edition, check whether the information above applies and this is possibly a mixup regarding the VST and DX plug-in standards.

I hope this info helps.