Creating subdirectories on magix ftp server to upload website files.. WD8P.

ralbuque wrote on 8/22/2013, 11:05 AM

Hi there, I want to be able to crete a subdirectory off of my top level dir where my domain name maps to such as www.saoluisimoveis.com/english .. I have an english version of the website that I want to upload into this directory but since I don't see a way of creating the directory from the "control panel", I was ondering any of you folks could guide me on the right direction...

I have tried this in my local HD after exporting the entire website. When I try to upload the website to the server I include in the publishing settings dialog, a name for the subdirectory to publishe the files to, english. My assumption is that at the time of uploading the files, WD8P and the server where the files wouldb be uploaded to would then create the remote directory if one doesn't exist, and then publishe the files into this directory. However, this is not the case. Instead I get an error message saying "english directory does not exist" and the uploading process halts..

The details of my system if requierd are :

Windows XP,  and Web Designer Premium 8.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

--rom

a_romolo@hotmail.com

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/22/2013, 11:30 AM

Hi Rom,

Why not just use the FileZilla client to drag the folder containing the remote contents to your main directory?

George

ralbuque wrote on 8/29/2013, 11:02 AM

Thanks, that is exactly what I did about 1 week ago. All the files have been uploaded just fine with FileZilla.

Be well.

--rom

gandjcarr wrote on 8/29/2013, 11:50 AM

Hey Rom,

Glad I could help and you got your problem solved.  Sometimes it just takes a second opinion to get the results.

I am very happy that you responded that my suggestion worked.  Now others with similar problems will be able to benifit from our discussion.

I wish you all the best, and keep asking questions when you have them.

George