Creating profile on AcidPlanet.com is impossible, Magix offers no help

passionfly1 wrote on 7/22/2017, 6:36 PM

1.) The email to follow the steps to register never arrives no matter what email I use even my correctly registered Magix email. (https://www.acidplanet.com/myplanet/register.asp)

2.) The security certificate for www.acidplanet.com entry from directly typing into 3 browsers is invalid and you must add an exception to even get the site to display. This is a security risk since any login can be spoofed.

3.) The portal to login (https://www.acidplanet.com/MyPlanet/login.asp) does not accept any sort of login that was once valid before the buyout of the Acid line of family going to Magix.

4.) Asking for this problem to be addressed and getting a valid login when I actually own Acid Music Studio 10.0 is a never-ending stream of auto-canned responses from Magix that basically thank me for my "suggestions"! I do not have a suggestion I have REAL PROBLEM. Zero support from Magix. (http://www.acidplanet.com/help/faq/Default.asp#MostFreq8)

5.) I always wonder why I waste my time with a company that has actually wonderful software but the absolute SHITTIEST support for it on this planet I have ever encountered from a software company. Even worse than Microsoft and that's saying a lot.

6.) Calling the phone number for support for this specific problem only leads one to long wait times, holds, transfers and basic absurdly small window when you can even try and reach them without ever getting a hold of any person in the end result. (7-8 tries so far without success, a total of over 4-5 hours of holding over several tries).

7.) This company, Magix, is the worst and most frustrating company when it comes to support after you buy their products. I do like the software they offer, but once you buy it your on your own in the reality of the world I live in.

Extremely frustrated by it all,
Passionfly1

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/23/2017, 5:06 AM

Hi

To answer your points:

1. Registration email is working as you can see below - try again, also check your ISP's spam filters are not blocking the emails.

2. No comment

3. Using an email address is becoming the standard form of login name for ensuring the user is a real person, security and traceability.

4. How are you reporting the problem and how long are you waiting for a response from support?

5. While problems can be very frustrating please be aware that rants etc will be removed by the Moderators see the Community rules here

6. Which time zone are you in and are you calling during the working hours for the location of the number you are ringing?

7. On the contrary, Magix support is more active in the forums then previously experienced

HTH

John EB

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/23/2017, 5:11 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.