Create/Modify Chapter for Photostory

int5749 wrote on 6/2/2022, 10:12 AM

Hi,

I'm getting more familiar with this nice program over past day's and created my very first Photostory which consist out of ~250 Photos and few Videos.

Beside exporting this to a file which can be streamed by Apple TV to our screen, I like to create a nice DVD as well to hand this over to my family.

But ... there is only 1 Film displayed without any Chapter :-/ I trust it's because of limitation to 99 Photo's. Also when I tried to link all photos from one Chater together, this is not threaten as chapter :-(

Beside splitting my Story into several files (as there is a continuous audiofile underlaying) is there a way to create/select Chapter Markup's to be used for DVD Menue???

I believe most photostory's consist out of more than 99+ pictures?

Regards

int5749

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/2/2022, 4:04 PM

@int5749

Hi

Photostory's (PS) 'chaptering system' is more like using a slideshow projector where you can advance through the scenes one at a time or play them all in sequence.

PS assumes each individual image, or video, is a scene (chapter) and there is a 99 maximum limit due to this being the DVD/BD Standard for maximum number of chapters per slideshow (movie), however a disc can have up to 99 slideshows (movies) each with 99 scenes (chapters).

. . . . I believe most photostory's consist out of more than 99+ pictures? . . . .

You can have up to several thousand images in one slideshow, however you cannot have scenes (chapters), ending up with what is basically one long video.

To be able to specify where the scenes (chapters) are you would need to move up to Movie Studio (MMS) 2022, which is a full blown video editor, and you have full control over where the chapters are located.

Just to add to the confusion the terminology changes between PS and MMS - I have put the MMS terms in brackets after the PS name above.

You can try Movie Studio by downloading the trial version, however do be aware that the exported movie time is limited to about 3 mins and has some limited functionality and you computer meets or is better than the system specification requirements.

If you have just recently purchased Photostory, you should be able to upgrade to Movie Studio - contact Magix by email to infoservice@magix.net

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/2/2022, 4:07 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 6/2/2022, 6:59 PM

@int5749

Hi,

There is usually a workaround, so here is one.

Create a project with a series of Movies, with each Movie being a chapter. Export each Movie separately, or better use Batch Conversion - to Magix mxv files (or MP4). Make sure to name each Movie with the name of the chapter (or Movie/Chapter) that you want.

Create a new project, import the mxv file to the timeline. If you want multiple Movies, then do so. Each video mxv or MP4 file will be a chapter. Add your music. Burn.

Thus, each Movie that you create can be a series of photos that will become one mxv file for your chapter. Labourious, but doable.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

int5749 wrote on 8/29/2022, 2:48 PM

Hi all,

thx for your patience and I was needed to "play" a while with it ;-)

Now I do have to independent Photostroy's with 237 Picture/Movies in one of it, the other one consist out of ~400 Picture.

I tried to generate a DVD and the first one I have 1 Main Entry in Navigation pane with 237 subitems where I can uses any of this as "jump-point". But the one with ~400 pictures consist only a main entry without any subitems in Navigation pane when trying to generate a DVD. Even I remove 200 of them or create a new photostory out of 100 pictures, I'm no longer able to have a main entry in navigation pane with an sub-items :-/

Any hint (beside splitting into videos) as it seems somehow possible to have subitems out of pictures???

Cheers J.