create chapters which play to end of chapter only

ron-hagley wrote on 10/20/2017, 5:59 AM

Hi, in photostory deluxe I want to split my 1 hour video into a number of "chapters" then in the menu set things up to play only the selected chapter. I can create chapters OK but when I burn the DVD and select for example item 2 instead of playing JUST item 2 the dvd starts at the beginning of item 2 but then goes on the the end of the DVD. Is this possible please? if so how?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/20/2017, 12:55 PM

Hi

. . . . I want to split my 1 hour video into a number of "chapters" then in the menu set things up to play only the selected chapter . . . select for example item 2 instead of playing JUST item 2 the dvd starts at the beginning of item 2 but then goes on the the end of the DVD. Is this possible please? if so how? . . .

This is not possible within Photostory using the chapter markers as you describe.

A 'workaround' is to create a multi movie project where you have the full movie + chapter markers for normal play and then for each chapter create a new movie and copy the 'chapter' sections from the full movie into each new movie - see this tutorial, it is originally written for Movie Edit Pro however the principal is the same in Photostory.

Note: using this method you are, in effect, duplicating the entire movie, so the full length movie must be less than 1 hour long to fit both this and all the chapters onto a disc.

The menu system will automatically create the appropriate menus, the chapters will appear on the same menu page(s) as the main movie which is a limiting factor - trying to edit the menu is definitely not recommended, all sorts of odd behaviour can be expected, plus the structure will be re-organised the next time you load the project.

I spent a lot of time trying this in Movie Edit Pro and ended up using a separate program - Vegas DVD Architect - to create the disc.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.