Crackle sound in all Bass soundpools

Eleyan wrote on 5/29/2023, 9:28 PM

For the last month I've had crackle sounds appearing whenever I tried to use Bass, no matter which soundpool I use, and it's usually when using playback on PC. I just tried via USB96 with headphones and it doesn't happen then, but through the soundcard on my PC it's really bad. This never used to happen.

Anyone else had that problem, and has a fix for it? What am I missing. As usual, I'm doing nothing diff from the norm. I've uploaded a sound file example, which has been normalized.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/30/2023, 12:35 PM

@Eleyan Do you restart your computer regularly? Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

If restarting doesn't help, does it make a difference if you switch the driver to something different in the Audio/MIDI settings in the Music Maker program settings?

Eleyan wrote on 5/30/2023, 2:52 PM

Hi SP., what I did discover is, that USB96 Asos drivers were my only working alternative to using the Laptop directly for Playback. Using headphones in Windows 11 64bit gives that "rattle" with all bass soundpool objects. This problem started occuring just in the last couple of months. I have the flu right now, it's tough to concentrate past this point. The downside of using USB96 for Mic however is it's low amplitude. Not claiming to be completely up on how to improve that situation. I will revisit this issue in a day or two once I start feeling better. Thank you, SP. Oh, to answer your question, I did restart during this process this time.

David-Barselow wrote on 5/30/2023, 5:12 PM

Do a windows update with the usb96 powered on and see what happens.

johnebaker wrote on 5/31/2023, 1:50 PM

@Eleyan

Hi

Check that you do not have any Windows audio enhancements turned on - the options are in Settings, System, Sound, All sound devices, 'the sound device' - mine are Stereo Mix and Speakers) yours may be different.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Eleyan wrote on 6/1/2023, 1:22 AM

Hi Johnebaker, I turned off the sound enhancement setting, but Magix is freezing immediately I open a song. Not sure it's related or not.