Content Catalogue not loading on request

Alphaville wrote on 9/5/2022, 3:35 AM

The Content Catalogue does not load immediately when I try to insert content from it. See the screenshot of the error message attached. After I receive this message the Catalogue does open eventually but this is often happens minutes after I have made repeated attempts to open it. 

Another thing - I'm experiencing an error with ALL Magix related products and this refers to a persistent reminder to "renew the update service" when I exit the programme, this happens with Designer Pro through to Sound Forge through to Vegas Pro etc. This glitch is annoying to say the least so how do I stop this reminder?

Finally I can't even submit a Support Request to Magix this morning - I'm told that the request cannot be saved. Is this a temporary glitch or can paying subscribers no longer expect to receive any support from the product manufacturer?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/5/2022, 4:21 AM

@Alphaville

Another thing - I'm experiencing an error with ALL Magix related products and this refers to a persistent reminder to "renew the update service" when I exit the programme, this happens with Designer Pro through to Sound Forge through to Vegas Pro etc. This glitch is annoying to say the least so how do I stop this reminder?

I think the window asking you to renew the update service just wants to install a new version of the Update Notifier. This is a separate program that autmatically checks Magix servers for new versions and then showing a message to you.

I'm not sure about the other error messages. It could be that Magix has some server problems.

Alphaville wrote on 9/5/2022, 4:31 AM

That may well be the case but even if I go along with the suggestion to install a new version of the Update Notifier (which I must have done about several dozen times now) the notification turns up every time I close any Magix Programme. I prefer to think this is a software issue rather than due to my incompetence.

What's unusual is that I have never encountered serious issues with Xara Designer Pro in over ten years of use. Then this year these two issues (neither of which relate directly to the operation of the programme itself) turn up neither of which has been resolved by a software update by a response from Magix.

PATIENT-X wrote on 9/5/2022, 5:50 AM

@Alphaville

Hello, welcome

As mentioned in the forum's there seems to be a server issue, please contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance.

See this thread here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 9/5/2022, 5:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard