Confused by Music Maker Premium extras (Instruments & "articles")

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/5/2022, 5:24 PM

So I purchased the Music Maker Premium 2023 a short time ago, and it was in the process of installing bits (although it seems to have stalled currently).

However two things stood out:

1) The product page talks about getting 7 Instruments in the Premium, but I don't seem to have gained any I didn't have before (from previous coupons I'd bought Cinematic Synth, Folk Instruments and something else). Do I not get a choice with the instruments?

2) When I do the redeem coupons it mentions 3 sound pools, 1 collection and "5 articles". What are the Articles? If I do skip for sound pools, and skip collections, it gets to the end of the redeem dialog and no mention of "articles".

The pictures in https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24244&L=38&C=74 bear no relation to how Music Maker looks like now. (Indeed the version shown is clearer)

Aside the stalled features being downloaded aren't listed in the Downloads window.

Cheers

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/5/2022, 5:44 PM

@Robert-McGovern

Hi,

Review the comparison chart.

You get what is shown. If you had a previous Premium Edition like 2022, then you already have what is not marked new.

I don't see any coupons being offered this time for instruments, and no instruments are indicated as New and included.

I don't know what "articles" are. I had some credits leftover for features and used them yesterday to get BeatBox2 Pro and the EQ so I didn't need to upgrade to Premium Edition 2023. I still have some coupons for instruments, even though I have all that are offered, except for Tiny Instruments. Third party instruments cannot be purchased using credits.

I do have Music Maker 2023 installed.

See this:

I noticed that there were updates to many things under the Store, so I am in the process of updating whatever is shown.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 11/5/2022, 5:53 PM

@Robert-McGovern

Music Maker 2023 Premium Edition comes with the following Instruments:

Concert Grand LE

DN-e1

Bass Machine

Analog Synths

Tiny Percussion Shaker

Revolts 2 (16 Presets)

Vita 2 (Presets)

You probably already owned some of them before. A free selection is not possible.

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/5/2022, 6:08 PM

Cheers to you both. I've had 3 versions previously, all via Humble Bundle (EDM, 80's and something else I can't remember). This is my first premium 😬

Thanks particularly @SP. for listing out the instruments that 2023 PE comes with. I'll double check when I boot up Windows again later. Its odd that certain features like Beat Box Pro 2 are marked as being queued to download, but don't appear in the download list.

@browj2 yeah "articles" is just odd, you can see it in the screen grab below.

johnebaker wrote on 11/6/2022, 5:39 AM

@Robert-McGovern, @browj2

Looks like that is a translation error - I believe it should read Items

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/7/2022, 2:38 PM

Cheers @johnebaker but what are those 5 items? It doesn't seem to be something I can choose anywhere.

browj2 wrote on 11/7/2022, 7:49 PM

@Robert-McGovern

Hi Robert,

In the Store, go through the various headings - Soundpools, Instruments, etc. and watch for those credits at the bottom of the screen. Do they ever show?

On the Welcome screen, there is a button - Redeem Credits. When you get the screen, which should be like the one that you showed, what happens when you click again on Redeem Credits? Any details?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/12/2022, 9:49 AM

Apologies for the delay. At the bottom of the store it shows, which only lists the collection and sound pools.

No mention of the "5 Articles"

If I go via the Welcome screen and redeem credits, there are the screens I see in order

Tap Redeem credits and get

Tap Skip

Tap Skip

So I dunno what those articles are.

Separate issue, I've now redeemed the collection (Movie Score collection), and 2 of the sound pools (Symphonic Rock complete, and Stranger Synths complete) but only parts of those 3 are available for me to download from Producer Planet (Stranger Synth part 1 (not 2 & 3), Symphonic Rock Part 2 (not part 1) and Cinematic World (not Blades & Runners Complete Bundle, Action Cuts Complete Bundle, The Dark Side Complete Bundle ... I already owned Blockbusters complete). All bits downloaded correctly into Music Maker, and all are marked as owned by me on producer planet for instance

johnebaker wrote on 11/12/2022, 10:50 AM

@Robert-McGovern

Hi

. . . . download from Producer Planet . . . .

Does the Stranger Synths and the other bundles show as purchased on Producer Planet?

Assuming your purchased via the in program Store did the items purchased not install automatically as seen in this tutorial, though using MMM 2022 the process is the same for later versions, on redeeming credits for Soundpools, you will notice that the Soundpool installs upon completion of purchase, the same goes for Tiny Instruments and Soundpool Collections and Instruments (if offered), they download and install automatically.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 11/12/2022, 11:32 AM
Separate issue, I've now redeemed the collection (Movie Score collection), and 2 of the sound pools (Symphonic Rock complete, and Stranger Synths complete)

These "soundpools" must be soundpool collections so, although I' don't know exactly what you did, I wouldn't expect those to be redeemable as soundpool options. I would expect you to have one of the soundpools in the collection which it seems to be what you have.

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/12/2022, 12:17 PM

Assuming your purchased via the in program Store did the items purchased not install automatically as seen in this tutorial, though using MMM 2022 the process is the same for later versions, on redeeming credits for Soundpools, you will notice that the Soundpool installs upon completion of purchase, the same goes for Tiny Instruments and Soundpool Collections and Instruments (if offered), they download and install automatically.

John EB
Forum Moderator

They did auto download, I have the OGG versions. But I know that normally any sound pools I've purchased in MM have been available to download from Producer planet.

They do show as purchased in Producer Planet:

When I click on "My Products" ...

Separate issue, I've now redeemed the collection (Movie Score collection), and 2 of the sound pools (Symphonic Rock complete, and Stranger Synths complete)

These "soundpools" must be soundpool collections so, although I' don't know exactly what you did, I wouldn't expect those to be redeemable as soundpool options. I would expect you to have one of the soundpools in the collection which it seems to be what you have.

@Graham-Hawker

Actually those mini bundles seem to be treated as a single sound pool in terms of redeeming a sound pool. I've had a bunch of them over the years, all "sound pool" credits and they all show correctly in Producer Planet

• Synthwave - Complete Bundle purchased 2018,
  • Too Hot - Complete Bundle 2018,
  • Flashback 2018,
  • Blockbuster - Complete Bundle 2018,
  • Turn it up - Complete Bundle 2018,
  • Main Stage - Complete Bundle 2021,
  • Chipsounds and Glitches - Complete Bundle 2021,
  • Big Room Mastercuts - Complete Bundle 2021

Its just the 2 sound pool bundles I purchased this morning and the collection that aren't showing up properly in Producer Planet.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 11/12/2022, 2:23 PM
@Graham-Hawker

Actually those mini bundles seem to be treated as a single sound pool in terms of redeeming a sound pool.

Its just the 2 sound pool bundles I purchased this morning

Stranger Synths though is a three soundpool collection.

Robert-McGovern wrote on 11/12/2022, 3:08 PM
@Graham-Hawker

Actually those mini bundles seem to be treated as a single sound pool in terms of redeeming a sound pool.

Its just the 2 sound pool bundles I purchased this morning

Stranger Synths though is a three soundpool collection.

Don’t know what to tell you but it’s listed as a soundpool bundle, not a collection. Both on the the producer website and in the program itself.

https://producerplanet.com/gb/article/stranger-synths-complete-bundle-5904/

when I tapped on “collections” in Music Maker it wasn’t among those listed.

It was listed under soundpools. As you can see there are lots of those bundles considered a single soundpool for redemption. You can see the hip hop top left is three separate soundpools in the bundle.

DJYSounds wrote on 12/31/2023, 11:51 AM

Hi,
I also have some issues/misunderstandings about Music Maker Premium extras.

I received recently a Music Maker 2022 Premium key I bought from Humble Bundle and I was searching about what is included in this version on the internet but there is not much information.

So I found some videos from John's YouTube channel about MM 2022 (great tutorials by the way) that mention what is included in the Premium version. So there it shows that we also receive instrument credits, but after I activated the key I only received the soundpools credits. So my question is: Am I supposed to receive Instrument credits when activate this version? Because I only received for the soundpools. (watch the video starting from the minute 19)

Below are the versions I have activated.

I also had some issues activating the key for "Blades & Runners" soundpool. The key didn't work, either on the website or on the App. For the other soundpools worked properly. (After trying several times to active the key for "Blades & Runners" I accidentally used my Soundpool credit on it 😞 )

SP. wrote on 12/31/2023, 1:32 PM

@DJYSounds There are no instrument credits. It was possible to select instruments some versions ago, but since two or three years it's no longer available to select the instruments. Instead you get a pre-selection.

If you have any problems with your coupons you can contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance or new coupons.