Confused!!

MikeDF wrote on 5/17/2021, 10:09 AM

Good day to you all

JUST wondering if I am on the right track now - I have been using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer now for years. I am still using it and it's Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60742  DL x64 Dec 10 2020

I have, hopefully, been updating and making sure it's all ok and yet it is now continually saying it needs updating to the next version, it downloads and seems to set up. However the next time I open up it's the same version and - yes - wanting to update again. It did it twice earlier today and now seems to have calmed down. However the version is no different!
I have now also downloaded the Magix Photo Manager Deluxe Version: 13.1.1.12

It all looks different to what I am used to so please can you advise as to why this is all a bit confusing - IF I am making any sense!!

Many thanks

Bye for now

Mike

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/17/2021, 10:52 AM

@MikeDF

Hi Mike, welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I can't directly answer your question about the apparently failing update of PGD but assuming your Update Service is still current you need to check whether your antivirus/firewall is blocking the installation. (This is quite a common problem!)

The latest release version of Photo Manager is 13.1.1.12 but I am not at all sure from your post what you are asking about this particular app? As far as I can remember, the interface of PM has not changed much, if at all, over recent versions.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

MikeDF wrote on 7/20/2022, 5:46 AM

Oops! confused - again!!

I bought an update for the Xara software that I have used less for a while. Seems I bought TWO updates and wondered if it MIGHT be possible to get a refund for one of the updates please??

Bye for now

Mike

emmrecs wrote on 7/20/2022, 6:16 AM

@MikeDF

These are user to user forums, there are no Magix staff here.

You need to email infoservice@magix.net with full details of the two purchases and ask if they are able to refund you for one of them.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam