Computer will be strained

zeebergrod wrote on 3/12/2013, 4:19 PM

Every time I attempt to capture video (from VHS) I get the same warning:

"Your computer will be strained by the current recording settings. To guarantee error-free recording, lower the recording quality and try again."

The message appear after 1 minute and 5 seconds of recording (same time - always).

I have a P C that is above spec and I have tried all sorts of settings( lowering quality) with no joy. Win 8. Rescue your video tapes 6 version 4.0.1.86(UDC1). Intel i7 processor. 16GB ram.

Comments

info474 wrote on 5/4/2013, 10:21 AM

Every time I attempt to capture video (from VHS) I get the same warning:

"Your computer will be strained by the current recording settings. To guarantee error-free recording, lower the recording quality and try again."

The message appear after 1 minute and 5 seconds of recording (same time - always).

I have a P C that is above spec and I have tried all sorts of settings( lowering quality) with no joy. Win 8. Rescue your video tapes 6 version 4.0.1.86(UDC1). Intel i7 processor. 16GB ram.

I am getting the same problem.

Has anybody got any ideas???

petesayers wrote on 5/19/2013, 3:51 PM

Hi, I don't know if you've sorted your problem yet but I was getting the same "strained" message and just by chance i stumbled upon something that's seemed to have done the trick!

If you access "Device Control" through the control panel of your PC and in PCI / USB set the Sampling rate and Bit depth to the maximum it should cure it

I think the problem is the rates are preset low to maximise memory use and this effects the software - that's just a guess as I'm certainly no expert!!