Comparison of PhotoStory 2014 with 2013

browj2 wrote on 12/29/2013, 11:43 AM

Has anyone done a comparison of the new version 2014 versus the previous version to determine if it is worthwhile upgrading?

I have reviewed the new features and I cannot determine if there are many new features or at least significant features to make this a worthwhile purchase. The video showing new templates and intros mostly shows those already available. The new interface does not appear to be significant enough to warrant upgrading.

There is no information as to whether or not Slideshow Maker has been upgraded.

There still seems to be the same limited number of tracks, so editing capability is still limited.

I also have MEP 2014 which basically duplicates PhotoStory but with much more editing capability. However, there are effects in PhotoStory that are not in MEP and I was unable to use some of them in MEP.
I know that I can install the trial version but I don't like doing this and then removing it. Remnants always remain, and I already have many Magix programs with multiple versions installed. 

Magix indicates that there is automatic face recognition to avoid unwanted cropping of faces during zooming and transforming. I have done some automatic slideshow creation using MEP 2014 recently and faces were totally ignored. I will try the same thing in PhotoStory, but since both programs appear to use the same version of Slideshow Maker, I doubt that there is a difference. Has anyone successfully tested this feature in the new version of PhotoStory?

Lastly, Magix is offering PhotoStory 2014 with 2 Reallusion programs, Crazytalk and FaceFilter. Are these just light versions of the real thing with little functionality and of little use? Or are they useful programs justifying the low upgrade price?

Thanks,

Last changed by browj2 on 12/29/2013, 11:43 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...