Comments

SP. wrote on 4/23/2024, 5:46 PM

@playoftheyear This has nothing to do with Music Maker.

playoftheyear wrote on 4/23/2024, 8:57 PM

oops my fault, is this a Magix product maybe I should do a simple google search

gjonny wrote on 4/24/2024, 1:23 AM

@playoftheyear

>> ONeDrive or Google Drive

You could probably use one of these for backup file storage.

emmrecs wrote on 4/24/2024, 5:03 AM

@playoftheyear @gjonny

The general advice for using cloud storage with audio software is, don't! Especially if you are depending on what has been termed "a piece of wet string" to stream your audio between your computer and the cloud.

Cloud storage is fine for saving copies of your finished work (if you wish to do that) but not for live working, IMO.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

playoftheyear wrote on 4/24/2024, 7:24 AM

Alright I will close this topic. BUT I thought MAGIX had an easier way to link to the CLoud Storage,

while I was installing, I could of swore I seen a choice...so naturally I thought there was some kind of FOlder that would be created that would link to my Cloud storage of choice. I am sorry if I got it mixed up with something other that I had installed recently on my PC

browj2 wrote on 4/24/2024, 7:43 AM

@playoftheyear

Hi,

I presume that you are referring to the Update Notifier which gets installed with Magix products unless you uncheck the box for getting additional software during installation.

The Update Notifier can be opened from the hidden icons task bar and you get this:

Is this what you mean?

You can link to your OneDrive account and download files from there to your computer. All it does is open an explorer to select files/folders from OneDrive cloud storage and copies them to a destination on your computer.

Forget trying Google Drive as Google will probably block access.

The Cloud Import feature still shows up in some of Magix' products but it does nothing - deprecated.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gjonny wrote on 4/24/2024, 3:19 PM

@emmrecs
>> Cloud storage is fine for saving copies of your finished work
Well yes, that's what I said, didn't I? 

@playoftheyear  There's an interesting recent thread about OneDrive here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/is-one-drive-is-not-really-a-backup-anymore/0bfc480b-d935-4aa7-98ec-c513dac1a919

playoftheyear wrote on 4/24/2024, 7:51 PM

@playoftheyear

Hi,

I presume that you are referring to the Update Notifier which gets installed with Magix products unless you uncheck the box for getting additional software during installation.

The Update Notifier can be opened from the hidden icons task bar and you get this:

Is this what you mean?

You can link to your OneDrive account and download files from there to your computer. All it does is open an explorer to select files/folders from OneDrive cloud storage and copies them to a destination on your computer.

Forget trying Google Drive as Google will probably block access.

The Cloud Import feature still shows up in some of Magix' products but it does nothing - deprecated.

JohN

yep, thats it. so nothing special then. thank you everyone