Cleaning Lab 4 does not play audio files when "Play" button is clicked

Frank-Parrotta wrote on 3/13/2024, 5:41 PM

I've used Cleaning Lab 4 and previous versions for years without issue. I installed a new copy on my new computer and it seems to perform normally (loading audio files, etc.) up to a point, but will not play the file and the program seems to freeze after that. No error messages; the program just goes catatonic. New computer is a Dell XPS-8960 with Windows 11. Vegas 21 and Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 work fine (so far as I've been able to determine). I've tried deleting the program and reloading it several times - no joy. Even tried installing the previous copy from the old computer - still no joy. Thoughts?

Comments

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 7:37 PM

I've used Cleaning Lab 4 and previous versions for years without issue. I installed a new copy on my new computer and it seems to perform normally (loading audio files, etc.) up to a point, but will not play the file and the program seems to freeze after that. No error messages; the program just goes catatonic. New computer is a Dell XPS-8960 with Windows 11. Vegas 21 and Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 work fine (so far as I've been able to determine). I've tried deleting the program and reloading it several times - no joy. Even tried installing the previous copy from the old computer - still no joy. Thoughts?

Sorry that so much time has gone by without a reply here from someone....

Maybe you got this resolved with Magix Support already.

If not, the only thing I can think of where I have experienced the same in various programs, Magix and others, is when a program defaults to the system audio driver, not ASIO or a dedicated interface driver.... it basically will lock up as you described, and gets "lost in space" in Latency issues in two of my "windows 10/11" machines. Again, this only happened to me when I forgot to reassign the proper audio driver settings before hitting play in operation when first setting up, or reloading program for various reasons.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 7:41 PM

10-20 ms latency is usually fine for me, and adjust Block Size accordingly to get it there... best your setup can handle of course.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.