Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/9/2009, 3:50 AM
Hi,

Are you bringing the files in from the media pool into the Ringtone Maker timeline? If that is causing the problem, the issue is probably related to some conflicting codecs. This might get a little tricky. If you (or an application you installed) introduced the universal MPEG-4 codec "ffdshow" into your system, this might be causing it. Check whether you can locate it, uninstall ffdshow and see whether it works.

Do you have any chance to install Ringtone Maker on a relatively clean Windows installation? Or maybe you can actually reinstall the Windows on your current system. I know this can be a lot of work, but every once in a while a little spring cleaning can be in order when working with Windows...

ralftaro wrote on 4/10/2009, 6:24 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot. While I have to say that I can't really read anything in there, I doesn't seem like there's any additional information contained in it anyway. I'd have to stick with my previous evaluation of the problem and given suggestions.

Maybe there's one thing I'd like to add: Before you start troubleshooting a potentially really, really tricky codec conflict issue or before you re-install your entire operating system, you're probably better off just converting those MP3 files to PCM WAV format before importing them into Ringtone Maker. If you're creating ringtones for your phone, you're probably not creating hundreds of them and you're probably not doing it every single day. So, it's just a bit of extra work, and you will get the desired effect with having to tackle a potentially really tricky codec issue...unless you enjoy doing that kind of thing, of course.