Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/18/2021, 4:32 AM

@Mats-Winther

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for Magix staff and no-one here can do anything about the problem of uploading for you, sorry!

Assuming that all the details you are entering into the ftp screen are correct I think you need to create a Support ticket and ask for Magix' help.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mats-Winther wrote on 1/18/2021, 4:38 AM

It's not possible to contact the support on that link. It really seems like the Magix company is shutting down.

emmrecs wrote on 1/18/2021, 5:00 AM

@Mats-Winther

Can you explain more about the statement It's not possible to contact the support on that link, please? I've used it comparatively recently, without problem.

Magix is certainly not shutting down.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mats-Winther wrote on 1/19/2021, 2:07 AM

@Mats-Winther

Can you explain more about the statement It's not possible to contact the support on that link, please? I've used it comparatively recently, without problem.

Magix is certainly not shutting down.

Jeff

The support page has changed. As far as I can see, one can no longer get in contact with them. Moreover, in the personal account there is no longer any possibility to download and use the products registered with Magix. This is looking bad.

emmrecs wrote on 1/19/2021, 3:57 AM

@Mats-Winther

The support page has changed

Exactly how???

When I click on the link in my earlier reply I see this page (I have obscured my personal details). Do you not see this?

Especially the area I have highlighted?

I assume your have previously registered your software with Magix, since that is a prerequisite of being able to open a support ticket?

If you don't see this, please post a screenshot of exactly what you do see when following that link.

Jeff

Mats-Winther wrote on 1/19/2021, 6:11 AM

I see this page, yes. But there's no way of contacting them. The FTP has been up and down for a year or so, but now it seems that it's permanently down. It seems that the staff doesn't care. Otherwise they would have explained that they are trying to fix it. This is the kind of thing that drives people mad.

emmrecs wrote on 1/19/2021, 6:25 AM

@Mats-Winther

But there's no way of contacting them

Are you following the process through on that page?

1. Log in, using your Magix Account details
  2. Click on "Do you wish to contact Technical Support?"
  3. Follow the links on each subsequent page to create your ticket.

Please post screenshots, suitably edited to remove any confidential data, to show what you see at each point of the process.

Jeff

Mats-Winther wrote on 1/19/2021, 11:57 PM

Yes, I log on, but there's no way of contacting the staff. Why don't you check for yourself. Now I have a problem. I must move my homepage to some new site, but I cannot remove the old one.

emmrecs wrote on 1/20/2021, 4:22 AM

@Mats-Winther

If you really want our help, please do as I asked in my last post, i.e. post screenshots of exactly what you see at each stage of the process of accessing the Support Ticket system.

I have checked, and it works, by the way.

Jeff

Mats-Winther wrote on 1/20/2021, 5:51 AM

I finally solved the problem myself. I had changed my email in Magix, but forgotten to change it in my FTP program. Stupid! (But I still don't know how to get into contact with the technical staff.) Thanks for taking interest in this. /Mats

emmrecs wrote on 1/20/2021, 6:10 AM

@Mats-Winther

I'm pleased to hear the problem is resolved!

If you're still experiencing problems contacting Technical Support I can only repeat what I've said twice before: please post screenshots of what you see as you go through the various steps from that support page link.

Jeff