Can't render more than once per session

Tapaha-Robati wrote on 7/18/2018, 9:56 PM

Very annoying bug. When bouncing out a track, works fine regardless of the selected codec. When trying to bounce again in the same session (say a vocal free mix), the renderer gets stuck at 0%...to a point where the only way to get out is task manager-->end task. Open it back up again, render once. What kind of workflow is that?

Can't even log a support request for this because my "product is too old". It's Acid Pro 8. 365 version....bought just over 2 weeks ago.

Was using Acid Pro for every version since 3...and then this happens.

Comments

nonspin wrote on 7/20/2018, 7:36 PM

This is just a hunch, but because of the symptoms it could point in the right direction..

During rendering some temp-files are most likely created and dumped in %temp%. If parts of this rendering-chain (ex. fx-dll's) don't get a signal to stop and release the temp-file, only
closing acid would finally cut  the chain.

Trying to delete/access the locked temp-file
or calling a locked fx.dll would exactly look like this .. waiting at 0%

Before the first render, clean your TEMP-Folders completely and check if after rendering (without shutting down acid) you can
access/delete them manully.

Tapaha-Robati wrote on 7/20/2018, 7:50 PM

This is just a hunch, but because of the symptoms it could point in the right direction..

During rendering some temp-files are most likely created and dumped in %temp%. If parts of this rendering-chain (ex. fx-dll's) don't get a signal to stop and release the temp-file, only
closing acid would finally cut  the chain.

Trying to delete/access the locked temp-file
or calling a locked fx.dll would exactly look like this .. waiting at 0%

Before the first render, clean your TEMP-Folders completely and check if after rendering (without shutting down acid) you can
access/delete them manully.

I took your hunch and monitored the temp folder...thought what if I just moved the temp location from it's default on the c drive to a scratch drive I use for video editing and bam...seems to work. Strange and not sure why the default is so temperamental. Thanks heaps for your insight!