Can't play VSTs after installing 2023 in Music Maker bundle

roddol wrote on 2/26/2023, 4:24 PM

I'm using my laptop soundcard (Realtek) which had been able to play VSTs using a midi keyboard it no issues. For some reason after registering and activating the product, I cannot get it to work. I've tried using the ASIO driver but this doesn't work either. I've tried installing ASIOALL to see if that would help as the MAGIX Asio driver doesn't work but no joy. Frustrating as I'm not sure what I've done. Any ideas or thoughts welcome.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/26/2023, 6:07 PM

@roddol If playing VST instruments with the on-screen keyboard works fine, there is a problem with the connection of your MIDI keyboard.

If you use Music Maker then make sure that MIDI REC is enabled in the track header.

A simple restart of your computer might help. Please do not select to shut Windows down and turn it back on because this will not reset driver problems. A restart is needed.

You can also try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu in Music Maker. In Samplitude Music Studio you can reset the program settings via the Help menu and restore its default behaviour.

roddol wrote on 2/27/2023, 6:31 AM

@SP. thank you I really appreciate it. I restarted again after restoring its default behaviour and it's working.