can't play entire arrangement through MOTU audio interface

teleffonic wrote on 4/2/2009, 1:21 PM

I'm using a MOTU 828 original as an audio interface between my computer and my monitors (KRK Rokit 5's).  When i try to play my entire arrangement, i get a loud noise.  I can play only a few tracks on the arrangement.  When i enable an "offending" track it causes a loud noise.  The "offending" track is arbitrary, could be any track at any time.  I still get the noise when mute all of the other tracks and only enable the "offending" track.  Also the noise starts right off, the sample could be 16 bars away. 

Motu says it's an application problem.  I've played around with the buffers, but all that does is changes the pitch of the noise! 

Any thoughts?  PLease Help!!

thx
-Steve

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 4/5/2009, 4:52 PM
Hi Steve,
The MOTU 828 (and other older MOTU stuff) was not as 100% PC friendly as it could be - especially if you're not using Audiodesk. That being said - the first thing you should do is freshen up your drivers for the interface.

How are you determining the "offending track?"

Next - make sure you're using ASIO if possible. I believe your 828 is firewire so I don't think ASIO4ALL will help - using ASIO will eliminate many of the buffer, latency and simultaneous track problems you might be experiencing.

Try that first and lets see what happens,
Justin