Can't load .mpg files in Movie Edit Pro 15

ematts wrote on 6/8/2010, 2:12 PM
I am trying to load .mpg files in Movie Edit Pro 15 and get the error message

The file format .mpg cannot be read! Please Make sure that the drive is not full or write-protected. If you do not have the authorisation to write or read from this path, please contact the administrator.

I am using windows 7, I am the administrator for my computer and I can watch the files on Windows Media Player and can edit them in Windows Movie Maker, but not on the one that I've paid to use!

I have paid for the MPEG4 Activation however it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help here?

Many thanks.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 6/9/2010, 9:08 AM
What created the mpeg files you are trying to import? 

As a test, I would recommend loading video that you know will load, and export it to the MPEG format with the Movie Edit Pro, then reboot after export.

See if you can load the MPEG file into the Movie Edit Pro, if you cannot, then we have a problem with the codecs. If you can, then the problem is that the MPEG file you have been trying to load previously was created in maybe a proprietary format...
john-auvil wrote on 6/11/2010, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have this camera or a file from this camera to test with to see if I can get it to load. 

Also, there seem to be many variations of the Sony Cybershot, so I am not sure which one uses what format, and if I can find someone with something captured from the format.

Have you checked to see if Sony says anything? Maybe exporting the file from the Windows Movie Maker in AVI or MPEG2, even WMA to see if the file then loads... I think maybe Sony is using a proprietary format for the camera that MAGIX cannot support because of licensing.