Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/15/2021, 10:50 AM

@Heikki-Rytsl

Hi and welcome to the forum

Please do not publish serial numbers, order numbers or other personal details in the forum - this is a public forum not Magix Support.

Assuming you mean when you try activate a re-installation of the program on a new computer that you cannot register it, using a web browser:

1. Browse to magix.com and login to your account there, using the email address and password originally used to register the program on the old computer.

2. Select My Products there you should see a download link, the serial number and under the Show more details link the activations you have used - you may be able to de-activate the old computer installation.

The P2- serial number means you have a very old version of the program and the activation may no longer be possible - if this is the case you will see no activations, download links etc in your account.

If the laptop is running Windows 10 then you may have issues with it running correctly, the main issue will be with the USB dongle drivers - you can find the correct ones here - given the age of the program your USB dingle should be Red in colour. If you are using any other manufacturers dongle then you will need to find their 64 bit drivers for the one you.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.