Can't activate the product

Jan-Erik-Monie wrote on 11/16/2020, 7:43 AM

Dear Sirs,

I have a new PC that we have reinstalled Xara Web Designer Premium on.

But when I try to activate the license, I get the following error message, how come?

This is the information I use for the activation:

Image removed by Moderator, includes confidential email address and serial key

Looking forward to be hearing from you soon again!

Sincerely yours
Jan-Erik Monié
CEO
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Monié Trading AB

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/16/2020, 8:45 AM

@Jan-Erik-Monie

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff.

Because these are public forums, confidential data like your email address and serial key should never be posted here. Hence, I have removed your second screenshot.

However, I think the meaning of the error message is quite straightforward: the serial key you are attempting to use has previously been registered to a different email address. Have you changed your email address since you first installed and registered XARA WDP? You need to log into your Magix account, using the email address which is registered to your account, go to User Details and, if necessary, amend your email address there so that it matches exactly the one you are now using.

If that process does not help, you may need to go to this page, log in and raise a support ticket with Sales and ask for their assistance.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Jan-Erik-Monie wrote on 11/19/2020, 5:47 AM

Thank you for correcting me, wasn't clear to me that I was on an public forum.😉

It is working now, but another issue came up.
When starting the application the "Update Now" window pops up. After pressing "Update Now" the download starts and I can click on "Install Now".

The installation starts but after some seconds I get "Installation Error"!?
How come???

Looking forward to be hearing from you soon again!

Sincerely yours
Jan-Erik Monié
CEO
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Monié Trading AB

emmrecs wrote on 11/19/2020, 6:06 AM

@Jan-Erik-Monie

I'm glad you were able to sort out the activation problem.

However, I'm not a member of Magix staff, just another user, like you, so really have no idea what to suggest about the Update problem, other than, is it possible your Antivirus or Firewall could be blocking installation of the update? It seems that a number of users are reporting problems with installation and/or updating of programs, the most frequent cause being either their security software blocking the changes or Windows itself placing certain required folders, most commonly the user's "Documents" folder, behind a barrier which blocks any changes being made to that folder. If this is the case, you will need to check the settings in Windows Defender>Ransomware (I think!!). Search there for "Protected Folders".

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam