Can I put a computer video game on a movie DVD?

JohnnyLongBone wrote on 6/12/2009, 8:09 PM
What I’d like to do, if possible, is to take a game I have on my computer and put it on a DVD with a movie and be able to play the game with the remote control.  I'll be using Magix Movie Edit Pro 12.  I’d like to access the game through the DVD menu.  Is this possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/17/2009, 10:32 AM
Play the game via remote control? Are you talking about any kind of interaction? Not exactly something a simple video DVD can do. If you're just talking about playing back a video of the game, that would work of course. You just need to perform a screen capture of the video game on your computer in the first place. After it's captured into a video file, you can edit and burn it in Movie Edit Pro.

ralftaro wrote on 6/18/2009, 3:50 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid the answer would definitely be "no" then. Anything that could be considered interactivity in the context of a standard video DVD is achieved through complex DVD menu/navigation structures and conditional playback of small movie segments based on your choices in these menus. Movie Edit Pro just offers a relatively simple menu authoring that is sufficient for most regular movie DVDs (two levels of navigation - movie and chapter menu). You'd need very specialized software to author a "DVD game" like the one you had in mind.