Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/23/2009, 2:28 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid there's no dedicated function in Movie Edit Pro that would do this. Normalization only looks for the peak level within one object and raises the amplitude of the whole object by a constant amount to meet the max/target level, without exceeding the max level and causing any distortion. Since different pieces of audio can have very different dynamic characteristics this doesn't necessarily result in the same level of perceived loudness. Equalizing different audio sources to the same perceived loudness is not a trivial process and, as I said above, definitely not featured in Movie Edit Pro as an automatic function that takes multiple movies in the project into consideration.

You would have to do some manual adjusting and mastering here, possibly also taking advantage of:

- the Compressor module that you can turn on for a specific audio track in the mixer window under "FX" or in the Master Audio FX ("B" key)
- the Multimax module that you can access via the Mastering Suite ("Window" menu).

You might want to explore these program components.

I hope this helps.